Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

advice needed

Options
  • 30-12-2011 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

hi everyone i wanted 2 post about the problem i have i swapped a car with a garage back in august thing is i let the garage sign the log book( i no stupid mistake) my log book shows correct date but they registered the log book 2 weeks later and 12 m50 tolls later, i have been in regular contact with the garage and theres nothing they are doing, do i have any comeback or should i just pay the fines, there ringing up now i thought the garage paid, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,119 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Did you get a receipt from the garage back in August when you did the deal with them? This is only proof you have that you were not the owner of the car at the time of the offences. If you do, then go into the garage, ask to speak to the general manager and tell him in a calm manner that you want it sorted or you will be forced to get a solicitor involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭kulareggae

the general manager seems have dissapeared am dealing with the head mechanic's diffrent ones keep popping up every time i ring i do have a receipt for my lancer the car i swapped for

• Registered Users Posts: 51,119 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

kulareggae wrote: »
    the general manager seems have dissapeared am dealing with the head mechanic's diffrent ones keep popping up every time i ring i do have a receipt for my lancer the car i swapped for

Ringing is a waste of time in these situations, it's too easy for them to fob you off or put you on hold, your just a voice at the other end of a phone. You need to turn up unannounced and speak with the General Manager, not some mechanic who has little or no experience of dealing with customers. Be firm but keep your cool and explain what has happened and that you want the issue sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Find the dearest car on the lot, then phone up and ask about it, when they tell you the price say "that's a bargain", then make an appointment to see it. Bet the manager will be there then.

Advertisement