Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Dancing Classes for adults in Dublin?

Options
  • 30-12-2011 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi would love to get back into Irish Dancing just wondering if anyone knows of any Adult classes in Dublin south, south/west. Im in Dublin 10 but could drive to classes if they aren't totally out of the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Gae

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 suila89

Hi all, I tried that link above but found most of the classes were for children. Does anybody else know of any irish dancing classes for adults around Harolds cross/rathmines/ranelagh?? I've danced before in competitions and the like.... therefore I wouldn't need a beginners class, it is more for fun and fitness! Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Gae

Did you call them up? I'm sure they could recommend someone if they only teach children themselves. Otherwise, maybe call the CLRG (the people who run that site) and ask them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 NicSB

I am lookin for the same as you. I have danced for years before and stopped when I was 17 I am 27 now. I had a number of a guy from riverdance who does classes what were lookin for but this was last year and i just never had time to go. But I will make time this year so I text him yesterday. I'll let u know if he gets back to me.. his website is treblehop check it out. Even try emailing him also

Thanls a mill thats great. not sure if I'm riverdance standard though ha

• Advertisement

Hi everyone. I've managed to track down a lovely dance teacher named Olive Hurley ph 0868314888 who teaches an adult dance class in stillorgan every thursday evening at 6.30. I rang her and she is very helpful, offering to supply me with dance shoes etc. She described the dance class as energetic and lively; they warm up to pop music like lady gaga etc. I'm 22 myself and she said there were others there my age, so if you're 27 you'll fit in nicely too. Best thing to do is to give her a call and have a chat with her, as she is most helpful and informative. Hope to see you at the class next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Lil Tuts: Perhaps not exactly what you are looking for but they have set dancing classes in Aras Chronain in Clondalkin on Friday nights.
    Great craic!!! :D
    They also may put on Irish dancing classes for adults too. Worth contacting them!
    http://www.araschronain.ie/evening-classes/rince-seite.html

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

See www.setdancingnews.net for details of céilí's and classes worldwide. Also www.sets.ie

Go n-éirí libh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 NicSB

Hey suila89! thanks for that. I will be able to make it next Thursday .. so are you going to go tomo to the class? I have my shoes and all still... Let me know how u get on. I am Nicola by the way.

Hey my name is Sile!!! No I didn't make it after. I fully intended to but part of my thesis was due in the next day and lets just say I didn't have time for dancing the night before! I fully intend on going this Thurs though. I don't have my shoes or anything yet, but Olive said I can just dance in pumps until I'm sure I'm going to stick at it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Raheny Dance Studio

Adults Irish Dancing classes take place and the Raheny Dance studio on Monday and Thursday evenings and on Saturday mornings. There are also classes in the Ringsend and Irishtown Community centre in Dublin 4 - :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭lil_tuts

Great thanks , is there any where online I can get more info on the Raheny dance studio for prices and things ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Raheny Dance Studio

Raheny Dance Studio has only just opened and is home to the Colette Cooke School of Irish Dancing, you can get more info on www.cookeirishdancing.com or look on facebook for the Raheny Dance Studio page. You can email from the website for prices etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 XxAoifexX

hey my name is aoife i live in knocklyon im 22 years! i been dancing since i had my first step my old group broke up four months ago .. its hard to find anywhere close to me ! i dont drive yet! irish dancing is part my life i cant left it go ! Is there irish dance classes for adults in south dublin?

Advertisement