Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

306 engine

Options
  • 30-12-2011 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

i have a 306 with a broken head gasket and have it parked up with 5 months i have been offered a engine for it but a engine for it from a newer 306 my one is 1998 the engine is from a 2000 both are 1.4 petrol but my own doesn't have the part that i have circled in red will this matter i think it is for the breaks. both engine look the same otherwise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭McP2011

Straight swap...the thing that you have circled in the pic is your Abs pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

does it matter that the 1998 306 that i have dont have abs but the new engine has the abs pump

Nope....out of interest how much is the seller looking for the engine?

300 im (trying for 220 now) for the full car but will scrap it with my old engine to money back off it the scrap yard only 1 mile from me. timing belt done 8000 miles ago and 122k miles on it. i only want to do it as i love the car i have a 2000 306 now for the road aswell but the old one got some abuse for over 2 years and stayed going

Ah right...yea they are a good wee car.

• Advertisement

i had over 10 crashes into ditches with it (most of these were in the frost last year) only part i had to change was a back light, and i broke the clutch in it in 2010. i prefer my old one to my new one.

If your ever stuck for parts give me a shout.

ok sound. i have been offered a engine from an xsara i looks like the pic i posted at the start of the thread (has abs pump it from a 3 door 2000 xsara), the xsara engine is 1.4 also but the car is closer for me to pick up, would the xsara engine be a straight swap or would mounting points be different?

Yea it should fit im more familiar with derv one's tbh...just take a look at the mounts to see if there the same.

ok thanks for all the help i will let you know if i get the engine swap started.

• Advertisement

No problem, if you run into trouble with it let me know sure.

Advertisement