Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Windscreen leaking.

Options
  • 30-12-2011 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Hi I have a mk 2 Golf and I would say the previous owner replaced the windscreen and didn't do a very good job in sealing it . I can actually see the gaps at both corners and the car is leaking and the floor is damp. Any ideas how to sort this out or is it a case of going to Autoglass or one of those guys that may charge quite a bit :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

You're probably going to have to go to the professionals tbh. Replacing a windscreen isn't easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Does your insurance cover windscreen? They may replace it for free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Tallon wrote: »
    Does your insurance cover windscreen? They may replace it for free

...if it's broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

If it's leaking then its broken, isnt it? Anyhow, if you look very carefully, you might find that it's cracked....(there's a bit of reading between the lines required here!)

If you have windscreen cover, just contact your insurance company and make a claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

you would probably crack it trying to remove it:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Yeah !!! I'm cracked myself from looking at the bloody floor today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Confab wrote: »
    ...if it's broken.
    Pretty sure not leaking is classes as broken

Advertisement