Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

C5 dipped beam bulbs

Options
  • 30-12-2011 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi Folks,
    I am replacing a dipped beam bulb in my C5 every 2 months or so. They are 55W H7 bulbs. Is there any alternative longer lasting bulbs I can use or is this a C5 problem? Would xenon bulbs last longer? Any advise appreciated as they are pig of a job to replace.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I have known some cars that do that. I'd an Alfa that was a killer too. Just be sure that the bulb is being fitted correctly and is not loose or anything. I don't think there is a whole lot you do about it. Its not the end of the world and they are cheap bulbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

mickdw wrote: »
    I have known some cars that do that. I'd an Alfa that was a killer too. Just be sure that the bulb is being fitted correctly and is not loose or anything. I don't think there is a whole lot you do about it. Its not the end of the world and they are cheap bulbs.

i could be wrong but i think you have to remove the front bumper from a c5 to change a headlight bulb?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

eldile wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    I am replacing a dipped beam bulb in my C5 every 2 months or so. They are 55W H7 bulbs. Is there any alternative longer lasting bulbs I can use or is this a C5 problem? Would xenon bulbs last longer? Any advise appreciated as they are pig of a job to replace.

Xenon would be the opposite tbh, they have a shorter lifespan than halogen bulbs. Dont know much about the C5's sounds well off only gettin two months outta them.

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/H7-Osram-Ultra-Life-12V-55W-Bulb-OSULTH7.html

Try those, (im sure their available from irish suppliers too) might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Are you touching the glass of the bulb at any stage, even when taking them out of the box?

Xenon bulbs are not exchangeable with halogen bulbs. They require extra electrical components to generate high voltages and should only be fitted to projector lenses to reduce glare.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 eldile

Thanks Puppetmaster. I will order a set of the long life bulbs from the website. Should solve my problem.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Had bulbs blow on my Focus every couple of weeks.
    Finally stopped buying those cheap and nasty Lucas 5 Euro bulbs at my local motorfactors and got some Halfraud's bulbs when there was a 2 for 1 offer going on.
    That was a year ago and still going, no problem.
    Chaep bulbs are never worth it.

Advertisement