Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 review...The year that was

Options
  • 30-12-2011 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭

Highs

My best moment of the year ....India winning the world cup what else:)

Watching that classic battle between Tendulkar and Steyn in Capetown in the first test match of the year.....that was test cricket at its best

Best innings of the year....Kevin O'Brien's ridiculous 100 off 50 balls against England in Bangalore in the World Cup

Lows

India getting beaten black and blue by England in the summer what else:(

But this takes the cake when it comes to my favourite individual cricketing moment of the year..................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWAjPDBl818 :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Flashdean

It was a great year for cricket mate! Im a proud englishman so this year eas perfect!
    I live in ireland so getting beat by ireland was a bit upsetting!

But my favourite innings has to be KP's 202* in lords as i was at it!
    Great player great innings!!

Lokking forward to next year and this boy should come of age this year!

http://youtu.be/b2mMZqWCvPM

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Apart from the World Cup, the individual highlight was probably New Zealand winning in Hobart. It has been a long wait to watch that, even longer than an India away win. Great scenes with Vettori and the tight finish:pac:

More generally Lancashire winning the Championship and the recovery of the longer form of the county game as opposed to 20/20. Also the health of Test cricket generally outside the Subcontinent with spicier pitches and very tight finishes. It has brought some bowlers to the fore...Wilander and Pattinson doing well and that Steyn v Tendulkar battle.

And...having Tendulkar wait for that 100. Great moment of complete silence in Mumbai when was out for 94. Every innings or next innings is 'the one'.:P

Lowlights...batting collapses everywhere in Test cricket and the standard issue South African collapse at the World Cup against New Zealand. The complete inability of India or Australia to bowl at England and the absolute necessity of Zaheer to India's bowling, the Summer being pretty much over competitively when he was out injured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

High: Englands test performances

Lows: Englands one day performances and Northants missing out on promotion after the wheels fell off mid season.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

Highlights
    Kevin O'Brien vs England
    Alistair Cook vs India
    NZ beating Australia

Low points
    Somerset losing more finals
    the non event that was India in England
    Falling short against Bangladesh

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bobo148

High Points:
    • Going into the last weekend of the LCU season with most of the teams in Div 1 & 2 needing something to prosper/survive.
    • Seeing good performances at all league levels with most being open and competitive until the end of the season
    • Seeing formerly 'junior' clubs prosper at league and cup levels
    • Seeing the relaunch of the LCU website to something that is useful and up to date

Low Points
    Mmmm.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement