Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going Public in the Coombe

Options
  • 30-12-2011 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi Ladies,

I'd my first appointment in the Coombe yesterday with the Midwives clinic. It was a bit of a disaster to be honest. They took my medical history and bloods and then sent me down for a dating scan. When I got to the scan room they said they were closed and I'd have to come back next week. I was gutted.

Then went I went to check out all the shutters were closed so I was left standing there with my file. My partner eventually found someone who took the file from us and gave us an appointment to see a consultant in February. Is this correct if I am on the Midwibes scene? I just feel overwhelmed by the whole process.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Same thing nearly happened me on my first appointment, the scan department was just about to close and I wasn't even the last one in the queue... you have to see a consultant at least once in the pregnancy so that part is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

How many weeks are you, I wouldn't be happy if I wasn't offered a scan by 20 weeks.

Advertisement