Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

engine management light problem

Options
  • 30-12-2011 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

the engine management light came on a 02 1.0 corsa this evenin, checked the car and all seems ok checked a lot of the wiring etc and nothing out of the ordinary, so can anyone tell me before i have to take it to opel to have it plugged to computer what i could do to find whats wrong...

its a pretty simple set up of a car so i imagine cant be to many things, was maybe thinking could be the lamba sensor or the mass air flow sensor?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

trixyben wrote: »
    the engine management light came on a 02 1.0 corsa this evenin, checked the car and all seems ok checked a lot of the wiring etc and nothing out of the ordinary, so can anyone tell me before i have to take it to opel to have it plugged to computer what i could do to find whats wrong...

its a pretty simple set up of a car so i imagine cant be to many things, was maybe thinking could be the lamba sensor or the mass air flow sensor?

It could be anything, the set up on your engine is not all that simple, all engine functions are electronic so any number of maybe 20 sensors could have logged the fault.

There is no reason to pay main dealer rates when any decent independent garage will have diagnostic equipment to check the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭swhyte027

Yeah I have to totally agree hear don't ever maintain that the system on your car is simple as it is not one bit simple.ive done a bit in my day with Opel and to be honest I don't rate them but to say there systems are simple is a understatement but as Nissan doctor has said any garage or mechanic that has his own diagnostic tools should be able to read it.

Advertisement