Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Nat Type thread

Options
  • 30-12-2011 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Sorry, I know this has been done countless times but I have no where else to turn.
    I got Eircom broadband about 4 years ago, I had NAT Type 3 up until October of this year then after countless hours of internet searching I got NAT type 1 by doing the Pppoe thing. Then last week for no reson atal my ps3 could not obtain my ip address. I tried again, reset the router, tried using username broudband1 in the pppoe settings insted of eircom@eircom.net and still no joy. I can get NAT type 3 but when I go to play MW3 online it wont connect to the online services. At least before I could play with type 3 now i cant atal. I rang Eircom technical support and they really didn't have a clue about it saying it's not got to do with them ring playstation but I did before and they said the fault is on the internet providers end not theres. After some more research I tried port forwarding. 8 ports have to be forwarded to play MW3 but I can only forward 4. When I try forward the one's I cant it says something about being the same as the HTTP or overlapping with the xbox ports. I have tried using a static NAT and enabeling the Playstation Network service name and still wont work. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭dellWlan

U
    AlanC275 wrote: »
    Sorry, I know this has been done countless times but I have no where else to turn.
    I got Eircom broadband about 4 years ago, I had NAT Type 3 up until October of this year then after countless hours of internet searching I got NAT type 1 by doing the Pppoe thing. Then last week for no reson atal my ps3 could not obtain my ip address. I tried again, reset the router, tried using username broudband1 in the pppoe settings insted of eircom@eircom.net and still no joy. I can get NAT type 3 but when I go to play MW3 online it wont connect to the online services. At least before I could play with type 3 now i cant atal. I rang Eircom technical support and they really didn't have a clue about it saying it's not got to do with them ring playstation but I did before and they said the fault is on the internet providers end not theres. After some more research I tried port forwarding. 8 ports have to be forwarded to play MW3 but I can only forward 4. When I try forward the one's I cant it says something about being the same as the HTTP or overlapping with the xbox ports. I have tried using a static NAT and enabeling the Playstation Network service name and still wont work. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance!

To be honest I don't know too much about this but what router are you using? Do you have a firewall enabled? Are you wired or wirelessly connected.

I have been Nat 2 since i first plugged it in years ago on a launch model ps3. Wirelessly connected with no firewall on router. First with a crappy eircom netopia router then when I ran into problems (specifically online matches in fifa 10) i changed to a d-link. All with standard setup no port forward or static ip needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 AlanC275

dellWlan wrote: »
    U

To be honest I don't know too much about this but what router are you using? Do you have a firewall enabled? Are you wired or wirelessly connected.

I have been Nat 2 since i first plugged it in years ago on a launch model ps3. Wirelessly connected with no firewall on router. First with a crappy eircom netopia router then when I ran into problems (specifically online matches in fifa 10) i changed to a d-link. All with standard setup no port forward or static ip needed.

Eircom Netopia 2247NWG-VGx, Firewall is at medium I have turned it off and tried but no luck, wirelessly but have tried wired and can only get Type 3................Eircom are a joke and a nightmare in my opinion like they should know about these things really. I rang UPC today to change to them but they have no coverage in my area yet but he said 'dont worry we will have nationwide coverage by 2013'. 2013?? I cant live that long without COD :( Eircom are sending me out there latest router so hopefully that will work. Sound for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

AlanC275 wrote: »
    Eircom Netopia 2247NWG-VGx, Firewall is at medium I have turned it off and tried but no luck, wirelessly but have tried wired and can only get Type 3................Eircom are a joke and a nightmare in my opinion like they should know about these things really. I rang UPC today to change to them but they have no coverage in my area yet but he said 'dont worry we will have nationwide coverage by 2013'. 2013?? I cant live that long without COD :( Eircom are sending me out there latest router so hopefully that will work. Sound for the reply!
    I use the same router and had to buy a 25ft ethernet cable so I could get it to work consistantly with the PS3.

I tried switching to Eircoms new router (a Zyxel model) but it's even worse I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 AlanC275

Looks like I may buy one so

Advertisement