Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Forum - Waterford

• 29-12-2011 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭

I'm going to a concert in the Forum in Waterford City tomorrow night. I haven't been to the Forum before so I'm wondering what it's like and what to expect. Is it a good venue? The show starts around 9.30 so what time should I expect it to end at?

Also, I'm wondering if they'll be any buses in the area leaving late at night as that might be how I'll be getting back home.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Suas11 wrote: »
    I'm going to a concert in the Forum in Waterford City tomorrow night. I haven't been to the Forum before so I'm wondering what it's like and what to expect. Is it a good venue? The show starts around 9.30 so what time should I expect it to end at?

Also, I'm wondering if they'll be any buses in the area leaving late at night as that might be how I'll be getting back home.
    i,m pretty sure the last bus to anywhere is 23:00hrs from waterford??? what ya gonna see?? tis grand venue

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Where are you coming from?

The acoustics in the room are very good and it's slightly bigger than Vicar St although there's no upper viewing level.

ASWFYA won't be playing until about midnight, maybe a bit before. JJ Kavanaghs have a 3:30 bus from Parnell St which goes to Dublin (and through Carlow and the towns before it).

Should be a great night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I'm going to see And So I Watch You From Afar.

I'll be coming from Wexford so I'd looking for a bus that'd stop in New Ross or maybe Wellingtonbridge.

Suas11 wrote: »
    I'm going to see And So I Watch You From Afar.

I'll be coming from Wexford so I'd looking for a bus that'd stop in New Ross or maybe Wellingtonbridge.
    not a hope at that time of night and a taxi will cost ya a fortune your best bet is stay in waterford in hotel or b and b

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

I doubt a taxi to New Ross would really cost more than staying a night in a hotel on New Years weekend. I just done a quick search for a few hotels in the area and it's around €85 for a single room. New Ross is only 20 minutes up the road and would surely not cost more than €50. Best bet is to probably give Rapid Cabs a call and ask them and possibly book a taxi for after the concert. Their number is 051-858585.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Hmmm the ex used to live down wellington bridge way and she used to have a number for some taxi dude that charged 50 down and up from new Ross. I still talk to her if I want something so I can ask for the number.
    Other than that, if your female, single and looking for an ugly fooker then I might be able to help ya out. (Couldn't leave the site down by not chancing me arm)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

seanybiker wrote: »
    I still talk to her if I want something

Like what..... your hole!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

tonight should be excellent. For anyone who's not seen them yet, The Great Ocean Divide are on at 21:30 and well worth a listen prior to ASIWYFA.

Well stoked for this. Sorry OP, you'll not leave the forum till around 02:00 and at stage it's probably just as easy to find an all night coffee joint and stay up a few hours till buses start running again, that's the hardcore solution anyway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

old gregg wrote: »
    tonight should be excellent. For anyone who's not seen them yet, The Great Ocean Divide are on at 21:30 and well worth a listen prior to ASIWYFA.

Well stoked for this. Sorry OP, you'll not leave the forum till around 02:00 and at stage it's probably just as easy to find an all night coffee joint and stay up a few hours till buses start running again, that's the hardcore solution anyway :p
    Yeah, should be a great night :)

Like what..... your hole!!
    Ewww no way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Thanks to everyone who replied. I have everything sorted now anyway but thanks for the help. Hopefully, it'll be a great night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Shall be there tonight too.. gonna be a whopper gig.. Seany, you going? Niall and me are heading along.. should be a good night.. i hate the forum usually but this line up is too good to miss :-)

Heathen wrote: »
    Shall be there tonight too.. gonna be a whopper gig.. Seany, you going? Niall and me are heading along.. should be a good night.. i hate the forum usually but this line up is too good to miss :-)
    don,t encourage him he,ll be goin around asking everyone are they suas11 just to chance his arm lol

Heathen wrote: »
    not bud. Cousins here since earlier. Drinking a while so be in bits by forum time.
    But yeah get suas number for me haha

Advertisement