Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New campsite in Kenmare next year

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭SARZY

fair play to them.

When I go to Kerry it will still be Tralee and Caherciveen for me.

It will be hard enough for them to fill those pitches at €30 a night +.

Still its a brave move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

SARZY wrote: »

It will be hard enough for them to fill those pitches at €30 a night +.

Joke or what, id rather head to Allihies and park up near a pub, thats much too much for a camper and just one occupant, oh I forgot, its Kerry and we are supposed to be used to being screwed by them

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭noel farrell

i wish them all the best with their new camp site, as other posters i have to agree that it too expensive . with the down turn and a lot of campers on fixed income, the price of fuel, i will try one night to see what it's like, and steer clear after that . happy new year all .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

i wish them all the best with their new camp site, as other posters i have to agree that it too expensive . with the down turn and a lot of campers on fixed income, the price of fuel, i will try one night to see what it's like, and steer clear after that . happy new year all .

I agree 20 a night Inc electric regardless of occupants is enough to be paying.
    They will turn people off at that rate I still wish them well and fair play.

On a logistical note..it's a long time since I was in kenmare but is there a very low tunnel you have to go through when coming from cahirciveen direction?? Campers fit??
    Marty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭TigerTim

We had a "staycation" in Ireland last summer with the caravan, we being me, the missus & 3 kids & regularly paid 30/33 Euro in campsites for caravan, awning & electric. In Dungarvan, we stayed in a great site on the beach (Clonea) & paid 40 Euro per night so for me 30 yoyos seems the norm. Very expensive OK.

T.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

€2.5m is a big investment. Hard to see how they will get that back in a reasonable timeframe.

Personally, I won't ever be at it. I have to bring the room, the furnishing, clean and make the bed and that will costs me €30. It won't, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭camper guy

Hi folks how many camp sites out there for 20 euro / night.

We go to Carne beach in Wexford for 20 euro and they have lovely beach shop electricity chipper Great pub and resturant and there's music in the summer sadly they close in winter.

there s often four of us and still only costs 20 euro. they have wi fi .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭niloc1951

650Ginge wrote: »
    €2.5m is a big investment. Hard to see how they will get that back in a reasonable timeframe............

Hmmmmmmm, I wonder how much of it might be a grant.

If a grant is involved should we taxpayers, who ultimately provide the dosh for grants, get a discount :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭camper guy

We should work together to push the price down. These sites are very expensive when you compare them with the facilities available in France for the same money .Rip off Ireland is alive and well. :mad:

The biggest Camping card in Europe is ACSI. Thousands of Campsites all over Europe are affiliated. They offer for 2012, €12-€14 & €16 a night at various times OTHER than Peak demand, July/August.

Many Irish people buy this card knowing they will never use it in Ireland.

I predict that the first Irish campsite to advertise that they will accept this card at the €16 rate, (covers Pitch, Hook-up and 2 adults for 1 night)
    will not regret doing so.

I will not hold my breath though, as is the way with all Irish cartels, nobody wants to step out of line.

If one did though the rest would soon follow as the benefit would be plain to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭shaysue

The 2011 ACSI discount card included 4 sites in Ireland:Lakeside in Ballyshannon; Shanaheever in Clifden; O'Hallorans Bayview in Salthill and Wolohan Silver Strand in Wicklow. Not sure who is in 2012 edition as I have not got it yet.
    I agree that Dromquinna should get themselves included in this discount card scheme to attract out of season campers. We got great value from the ACSI card in France and Spain last year, not to mention Aires and the very good municipal sites all over France. Great value.
    Will not be holding my breath for any improvement in offers from campsites in Ireland though. And they wonder why motorhomers wild camp instead of using sites!! My real sympathies lie with unfortunate foreigners who come here and are ripped off on sites and shocked by the dearth of quality sites. (This from foreigners we have met abroad who felt this way and stated they would not be returning to Ireland!) Hard to defend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭niloc1951

shaysue wrote: »
    The 2011 ACSI discount card included 4 sites in Ireland:Lakeside in Ballyshannon; Shanaheever in Clifden; O'Hallorans Bayview in Salthill and Wolohan Silver Strand in Wicklow. Not sure who is in 2012 edition as I have not got it yet.............

Got mine, this year Ballyshannon and Wolohan Silver Strans are still in, Shanaheever and O'Hallorans are out and Parsons Green are new, All €16.

BTW this year ACSI are offering a free Club ID Card which will take the place of the CCI Card we used to use instead of handing up passports at campsites.

niloc1951 wrote: »
    Got mine, this year Ballyshannon and Wolohan Silver Strans are still in, Shanaheever and O'Hallorans are out and Parsons Green are new, All €16

This is interesting, as I think that Parsons Green are the only one of those 3 that are affiiliated to 'Camping Ireland'.

The other Camping Ireland members will not be happy with this situation.

Watching this space over the next while AND will be visiting Parsons Green when my 2012 card arrives.

Fair play, they deserve support and they will get some of my spare YoYos in groups of 16.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭SeamusG97

OP - The Pier in Kenmare is free (at it least it used to be ) and safe and in the middle of the town and is near to all the places to eat and drink. It's just as pretty as Dromquinna which is very nice by the way. Dromquinna is a few km outside the town, in a beautiful location. It used to have a very nice family hotel which I believe has been recently acquired and developed by John Brennan / Park Hotel of television fame so I have no doubt the campsite will be a nice place anyway.

Advertisement