Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carers allowance oral appeal

Options
  • 29-12-2011 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

hi folks.

I made an application for carer's allowance for my mother almost 2yrs ago. I got a letter back saying that I was turned down, so I appealed it. Now I have to go for an oral hearing on the 5th of January.

Has anyone been through this process, what would I need to bring, i have my mothers appointments, for hospital and the times that she has been attending the doctors and a list of her medicines that she is on .

Would there be anything else that I would need.

much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Peterbilt

It took 2 years to come to appeal :eek: !!!!!!!!

If you are successful will they backdate it to when you first applied???

Two years!!! That's madness. Relation of mine applied for same thing, was turned down, then provided more info apparently and got it REVIEWED, not APPEALED. Took 4 or 5 weeks I think, and they got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭jamescc

Peterbilt wrote: »
    It took 2 years to come to appeal :eek: !!!!!!!!

If you are successful will they backdate it to when you first applied???

Two years!!! That's madness. Relation of mine applied for same thing, was turned down, then provided more info apparently and got it REVIEWED, not APPEALED. Took 4 or 5 weeks I think, and they got it.
    i was at an oral hearing yesterday (5/1/12)
    i think that it went well the guy was nice, i will just have to wait and see i was told that it could take up to four weeks maybe a little longer. i was like a nervous rock going in. it was like being on a interview.

it would be nice if i got it but it could go either way .

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Peterbilt

Don't think I'd be nervous, more like pi**ed off :mad:.....Which of course would get you nowhere I suppose.

Did you ask if they will backdate it for you if you get it?

Peterbilt wrote: »
    Don't think I'd be nervous, more like pi**ed off :mad:.....Which of course would get you nowhere I suppose.

Did you ask if they will backdate it for you if you get it?
    well i was glad that i was nervous, and not ****** off. that would have got me know where.

yes it does get back dated as the relieving officer would have to be paid back.

hi all

just an update

i got a reply today, of the oral hearing and my application for carers' allowance was passed.
    so i will be getting sorted out in the next two or three weeks. all back dated.
    i was getting paid of the relieving officer so his money will have to be given back, then the rest will be mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Jodie15

Hi lads..
    I had an oral hearing yesterday after 3 apeals and a year n 5 months later by the reaction I don't think I will get it. Anybody get that feeling..??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Maher

jamescc wrote: »
    hi all

just an update

i got a reply today, of the oral hearing and my application for carers' allowance was passed.
    so i will be getting sorted out in the next two or three weeks. all back dated.
    i was getting paid of the relieving officer so his money will have to be given back, then the rest will be mine.

Hy jamescc may be you can help me with that i was approved my carer's Allowance appeal 3 week before can you plz tell me any idea how long after i will get my first payment in account once appeal is allowed .

Thanks

Advertisement