Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

port tunnel € 3

Options
  • 29-12-2011 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

hope this helps a colleague of mine told me the port tunnel is only€3 all this week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

May as well revive this old thread.

I'm hearing Dublin Port Tunnel are offering a flat rate €3 toll charge until Christmas. Can't find anything online to verify though (OK, I haven't looked too hard ;))

Edit (thanks schemingbohemia!): Here's the link;
    https://twitter.com/TIITraffic/status/811135976210886656

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Saw it on twitter too (can't link). Until next Tuesday 27th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Should be free considering the tax payer paid for the entire thing to be built.

But that's for another day, suppose a bargain if you wanted to head out blanch or swords from southside..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

TallGlass wrote: »
    Should be free considering the tax payer paid for the entire thing to be built.

It's the state collecting the toll. Plenty of other stuff they charge for!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Can see some bargain hunters on here heading up the toll then come back for the simple reason it's a bargain😜

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I couldn't get anywhere else to confirm this.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

beauf wrote: »
    I couldn't get anywhere else to confirm this.

TII are the operators. I don't think confirmation is required if they have said so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

ill confirm, i took it at 530 yesterday and at 9 am this morning. It is definetly 3 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Super

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

L1011 wrote: »
    It's the state collecting the toll. Plenty of other stuff they charge for!

Isn't it actually really funny or not, that if you want to head south bound from the tunnel you hit another toll literally, what 2km from the tunnel toll. Ah Ireland, rip off central.

• Advertisement

Which is (now) charged by the council as the term for the private operator expired. Lobby the council if you want that removed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

TallGlass wrote: »
    Isn't it actually really funny or not, that if you want to head south bound from the tunnel you hit another toll literally, what 2km from the tunnel toll. Ah Ireland, rip off central.

You don't have to though? Down the quays and cross at any of the other Southbound bridges.

I took the tunnel on Monday so this offer came a day late for me

Advertisement