Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Radio and Reversing Camera problems

Options
  • 29-12-2011 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have 2 separate problems. First one is the radio in an 00 Peugeot Partner.

Basically it won't hold onto settings once it has been turned off for a few minutes. So there seems to be something wrong with the power going to the radio when the van is turned off, any ideas? I was thinking maybe battery but it's fine, Maybe I could run a cable from something else to the radio?

The second problem is a reversing camera i fitted in my 08 Mitsubishi L200, it works fine until I hit the brakes, then I loose the picture! I'm not sure why because it takes it's power from the reversing lights but once I brake the screen goes blank, any ideas on this one? It's one I fitted myself so I have all the wiring done in behind the passenger back light then a small 3.5" TFT screen in the cab and the camera just above the tow bar. It's wired into the reversing lights so as soon as I select reverse it comes on. Not sure how the brakes are interfering with it because it's not hooked into them!?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Swap over the red and yellow wires on wiring loom at rear of redio.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

Your reverse camera problem sounds like you may have wired the ground wire on the camera to the brake lights, or else you have another short back there. Are all your lights working properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

I'll try swapping the red and yellow tomorrow, cheers.

I'll check the wiring of the reversing camera again tomorrow but I'm near enough sure it's wired right. All the lights are working as expected though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Got both problems fixed earlier, you were both absolutely spot on!! Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

great to see a happy customer isnt boards great:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

dharn wrote: »
    great to see a happy customer isnt boards humanity great:p

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Farls wrote: »
    Got both problems fixed earlier, you were both absolutely spot on!! Cheers!
    Well done for posting the fix. It may help someone else in the future.

Advertisement