Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS5 Lockscreen

Options
  • 29-12-2011 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know if it's possible to get reminders on the lockscreen on the iOS5 iPhone 4s.

Say I have an appointment in my calender on a Thursday, can I get that put on my lockscreen on the Monday?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Calendar entries will only appear in the lock screen once alerted, they won't stay there. But they will remain in the notification tray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Calendar entries will only appear in the lock screen once alerted, they won't stay there. But they will remain in the notification tray.

I understand, but then would the Reminders. app have a possiblity to do what I need?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Reminders set to remind you will also appear in the lock screen, but they won't stay there if that's what you want. Nothing will. The lock screen will only show new notifications. Once you unlock the phone they will disappear from the lock screen. To see a list of notifications, reminders, etc you have to pull down the notification tray.

Reminders set to remind you will also appear in the lock screen, but they won't stay there if that's what you want. Nothing will. The lock screen will only show new notifications. Once you unlock the phone they will disappear from the lock screen. To see a list of notifications, reminders, etc you have to pull down the notification tray.

That's grand. Unfortunately will miss some meetings and such now.
    Thanks for the help Professor.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭dazco

Search the app store for 'lockscreen' there's a few to claim to do what you want..... Haven't downloaded any so can't verify....

• Advertisement

Will do, thanks.

Just need something that will stay on the lockscreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

this just defeats the whole purpose of notification centre and lock screen notifications no?

set your events to alert you 5-10 minutes before hand and you'll be grand. missing meetings is a fairly big stretch no?

this just defeats the whole purpose of notification centre and lock screen notifications no?

set your events to alert you 5-10 minutes before hand and you'll be grand. missing meetings is a fairly big stretch no?

I don't see how it defeats the purpose of the notification centre because it just an extra I thought should be included also.

Yeah I was thinking I might just have to do that but maybe remind me 3 days beforehand.

You can set the calendar to alert you up to a week beforehand and repeat everyday if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

Doyler92 wrote: »
    That's grand. Unfortunately will miss some meetings and such now.
    Thanks for the help Professor.

If you really need a reminder 3 days in advance and without this alert on the lockscreen of your iphone, you will miss meetings, well then.......... nah, you can work the rest out yourself :D

If you are really concerned, just get a free "To do" app from the store. Update your schedule daily; check the status daily; place the app icon in the dock so its always visible once the phone is active. The app will have a notification of incompleted tasks which you can see at a click. Delete once completed. Not rocket science in fairness:o

• Advertisement

You can set the calendar to alert you up to a week beforehand and repeat everyday if you wish.

Could you explain exactly how to do this please.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭guil

you can set calender entries to remind you upto 2 days before the event, just go to whatever day on the calendar and tap the +, all the options are there if you scroll down

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭guil

if you set it through the reminders app though it seems you can set it to alert you at any time

Advertisement