Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My new (ish) car servicing, help

Options
  • 29-12-2011 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭

Hi, folks, need some advice here.

Vw polo 6r, 2010, 1.6 tdi, 75 hp diesel, manual gearbox.

Time is for 2nd service now, 30 k km on clocks.

Money these days very tight, but wanted serviced by dealer (as car still under warranty till june 2012).
    Car goin be 30k km exactly after 100 km, and ill need to use it, so need to do service ASAP .

Called one, who sold car, no answer on phone... probably still on christmas/new year leave.

Called to Bradys vw dealer, lady took details, and said, somebody goin ring back ... yea... right. :rolleyes:

SO question is .

1) . If i am doing service myself, with parts from vw dealer(oil, oil filter, diesel filter and air filter) , would it affect my warranty ?

2) . does anybody know, what shall be done on that car at 30 k kms. ???

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭swhyte027

At 30k I'd imagine it's just a oil filter and air filter change.fairly straight forward and yes I'd advise you to buy genuine parts although I think I read a tread yesterday that if ur car isn't serviced by a qualified mechanic and the book stamped that they don't have to honour the warranty I'm not sure how they would prove this to be honest.anyways there's 2 of us working in our workshop behind closed doors but so hard to do n e thing as everywhere is shut.if u need anymore help I'd be delighted to help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Bottom line is, if you service your car while it's in warranty yourself, then you will have problems with warranty down the line.

The car must be serviced in a registered garage, using manufacturer parts. It doesn't have to be a VW dealer, but it needs to be a proper garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

thanks lads, i am thinking go with new atlas garage in blanchardstown, anyone had experience with them ?

quoted around 40 euro cheaper than dealer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Did you not have some dpf issues recently? For the sake of €40 I'd get the dealer to do it just in case it reappears in the not too distant future. Dealer history is handy for goodwill out of warranty.

EPM wrote: »
    Did you not have some dpf issues recently? For the sake of €40 I'd get the dealer to do it just in case it reappears in the not too distant future. Dealer history is handy for goodwill out of warranty.

Any goodwill from VW ?? :rolleyes: I never heard anything about that.

DPF sorted, longer way to work over m50 cleared that thing, so car runs smooth and fine now, and no any lights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Mar4ix wrote: »
    And with luck you may never have to, but compromising your warranty to save €40 is quite frankly nuts. Pick up the phone on Monday, shop around dealers for the best price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Mar4ix wrote: »

DPF sorted, longer way to work over m50 cleared that thing, so car runs smooth and fine now, and no any lights.

Dont be so sceptical about goodwill, many manufacturers contribute to costs outside of warranty if there is a manufacturer service history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭barura

So why would they not ring back? Do they not want your custom? I'm a little confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

barura wrote: »
    So why would they not ring back? Do they not want your custom? I'm a little confused.
    The motor trade has its own rules, plus it's Christmas.

Anan1 wrote: »
    The motor trade has its own rules, plus it's Christmas.

and new year eve .nobody give a fukc . well.... ok, will try dealers, as advised.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

The car can be serviced by any registered garage/qualified mechanic and once its serviced following the manufacturer schedules and using OE quality parts(don't have to be bought from a dealer) then your warranty can not be effected.

Everyone keeps harping on about goodwill claims but the reality is, they are like trying to get blood from a stone, dealer history or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭500sel

www.r2rc.eu these are your rights when it comes to servicing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

The car can be serviced by any registered garage/qualified mechanic and once its serviced following the manufacturer schedules and using OE quality parts(don't have to be bought from a dealer) then your warranty can not be effected.

Everyone keeps harping on about goodwill claims but the reality is, they are like trying to get blood from a stone, dealer history or not.

I used to work in a main dealer and Goodwill claims were honoured alot more, sometimes very far out of warranty if there was a service history present.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭taintabird

Where I work they look after goodwill claims where it is a fault with not caused by miss use or neglect of the owner and we find pays back in the longterm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

^^^Your garages are in the minority then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Where I buy most of cars I have no warranty problems even though I service the car myself. They told me once I use proper oil and filters and keep the invoices that there would be no problem..

Advertisement