Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any plans for New Year's Eve?

Options
  • 29-12-2011 3:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

Are going out with daughter and son-in-law for meal and then going on to son and daughter-in-law's place for a few drinks. Nice, quiet and intimate.
    What are your plans?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

We have never really felt that New Year's Eve is anything special so we don't 'celebrate' it as such. Himself may have a snifter around the midnight hour while we are watching TV beside a warm fire. Hectic, innit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

The last few years plans were to try to stay awake till midnight.

Unless a better offer comes up, it may be that again......

• Registered Users Posts: 28,080 ✭✭✭✭looksee

No interest in NYE - having a 'night out' isn't really an option at any time, but I really have no interest in the very forced entertainment of NYE.

I was mildly amused to hear RTE advertising their NYE show as being 'unique' - is there anything less unique than the mishmash of 'celebrities' and dodgy music that usually passes for entertainment for the New Year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Tried to get a babysitter, no chance, the young folk are out to enjoy themselves.

Sitting in with the Mrs...takeaway and a bottle of vino, that'll do nicely.

Aren't we a sensible lot though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

We Are? Oh I mean...we are!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,080 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Not so much sensible as BOFs, it comes to all of us...

Edit, well most of us, sorry OG :)

chucken1 wrote: »
    We Are? Oh I mean...we are!

:D:D:D

Advertisement