Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting home theatre system to sky box

Options
  • 29-12-2011 3:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have received a present of home theatre system LG hx806sg.Not what I would have picked myself but happy to have it as a gift. I want to run my sky plus box (not HD) sound through it or tv sound which ever is easier to do . My tv is a Sony kdl46ex713. I have the sky audio connected to the hx806sg using the red and white connectors at present and it is working but am wondering is there a better way to do it to get a higher quality sound. The hx806sg is connected direct to the tv using a hdmi cable.
    My knowledge of these things is very basic , all help appreciated.

Bb.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

You can usually do digital audio via optical cable from the Sky Box into the home theatre system. You then need to enable Dolby Digital in the Sky Menu Sound options, you should get 5.1 surround sound if available on the movie you are watching.

The spec for your system online seems to indicate it has an optical input available you just need to check if your sky box has an output, and then buy the cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

See page 14 of your manual
    186635.jpg
    plug the optical cable from your Sky box into the "optical in" on the BluRay player.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭bbsrs

eddiem74 wrote: »
    You can usually do digital audio via optical cable from the Sky Box into the home theatre system. You then need to enable Dolby Digital in the Sky Menu Sound options, you should get 5.1 surround sound if available on the movie you are watching.

The spec for your system online seems to indicate it has an optical input available you just need to check if your sky box has an output, and then buy the cable.

Hi eddiem ,

I have an optical input in my system and an optical output on the sky box .

Thanks for your help , Happy new year to you.

Advertisement