Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Battery Charger please

Options
  • 29-12-2011 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Looking to get a good lipo/Nimh charger/discharger to charge my 11.1v 1600m 20c lipo and 9.6 1600m. ultimately i need a multi-battery charger.

Any recommendations wer to get one and/or reliable brands/models ??

Have a budget of about 100 squid
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

unclebens wrote: »
    Looking to get a good lipo/Nimh charger/discharger to charge my 11.1v 1600m 20c lipo and 9.6 1600m. ultimately i need a multi-battery charger.

Any recommendations wer to get one and/or reliable brands/models ??

Have a budget of about 100 squid

I use a Kong Power charger; bought from fire-support.co.uk for about £60 if I recall.

Here's my review

and the discussion thread

I use it to charge a variety of NiMH & LiPo batteries, from small 8,4v minis and small 450 MaH LiPos to NiMh & LiPo batteries over 4000 mah. It requires a little programming to give the battery type, cell count, and the charge rate you want to shunt through it, allowing you to trickle charge or fast charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

IMAX B6. Search on ebay, make sure you're getting a real one, works with any battery I've been able to throw at it. Probably quite similarly to the kong power one.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glicster

www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=7028

ive had no problems with this charger to date and with the price i think you cant go wrong.doesnt come supplied with a power source tho

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭dinko4gr

gerrowadat wrote: »
    IMAX B6. Search on ebay, make sure you're getting a real one, works with any battery I've been able to throw at it. Probably quite similarly to the kong power one.

gerro can you please specify which IMAX B6 you got ? there is one with the power adapter build in and eu plug and one with power adapter seperate and well atleast from the site i found em at good price us plug which is not a biggie.

Build-in version

External version

id prefer the build in adapter despite the 15 euro dif in price but i ve read it has caused issues to people.

hmm apparently the prices are not that good cause in ebay they sell way cheaper...

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭darman28

@ dinko4gr or unclebens.Just wondering did u go for this Charger? if so what did u make of it? did u get the external or internal? cheers

• Advertisement

darman28 wrote: »
    @ dinko4gr or unclebens.Just wondering did u go for this Charger? if so what did u make of it? did u get the external or internal? cheers

got external and pretty happy with it. loads of options and all of them i ve tried work like a charm

dinko4gr wrote: »
    got external and pretty happy with it. loads of options and all of them i ve tried work like a charm
    Thanks for quick reply, thinking of getting one.Did u get it from that deal extreme crowd ( the link above) or did u source it cheaper??

darman28 wrote: »
    Thanks for quick reply, thinking of getting one.Did u get it from that deal extreme crowd ( the link above) or did u source it cheaper??

yeaps but be aware getting ur item takes bout a month ^.^

dinko4gr wrote: »
    yeaps but be aware getting ur item takes bout a month ^.^
    Thanks DUDE;)

Advertisement