Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acting Awards - Best Actress - Nomination Thread

Options
  • 29-12-2011 12:37am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭

• Please nominate for the Best Actress in 2011!
    • Only 2 nominations per person
    • You can justify your selections if you want, but don't criticise other peoples' selections
    • The movie must have been in Irish Cinemas between January 1st and December 31st 2011
    • This is the first of three nomination waves. The rest will follow over the next few days and weeks, followed by voting.
    • A list of potential candidates can be found here, although please feel free to nominate anyone not included.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Joeng-hie Yun - Poetry
    Hailee Steinfeld - True Grit

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭andrewire

Lesley Manville - Another Year
    Viola Davis - The Help

Pity The Iron Lady is a 2012 release here. Streep is superb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Kirsten Dunst – Melancholia

Natalie Portman – Black Swan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Carey Mulligan - Drive

Brit Marling - Another Earth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭p to the e

I thought Kristen Wiig in Bridesmaids delivered a fine comedy performance in a film that many thought would just be an unfunny female version of The Hangover. Also Natalie Portman is the easy choice, I know, but the effort she put into her craft for this role is worthy of a nomination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Kristen Wiig - Didn't think Bridesmaids would be even the slightest bit enjoyable, but in the end it ended up being one of my favourite films of the year, which for the most part came down to Wiig's performance in the lead role.
    Natalie Portman - I do think Black Swan was hyped up an awful lot more than it should have been, but nevertheless, a great movie and a career defining performance from Portman...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yun Jeong-hie - Poetry

Olivia Colman - Tyrannosaur

• Registered Users Posts: 78,281 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Kirsten Dunst - Meet the Rileys

• Registered Users Posts: 85,295 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Olivia Colman - Tyrannosaur

Viola Davis - The Help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Kirsten Dunst really stood out for me in Melancholia. Knowing some people with depression in real life, the performance stuck a little close to home at times so she gets my vote. I was genuinely impressed and any preconceptions I had of her as an actress were truly humbled. Well done Ms. Dunst.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Natalie Portman - Black Swan

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Hailee Steinfeld in True Grit.

Michelle Williams in Meek's Cutoff

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Tilda Swinton in We Need to Talk About Kevin

Brit Marling in Another Earth

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement