Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Friendly hotels

Options
  • 29-12-2011 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever stayed in one?

I went on holidays with the OH and our dog to a caravan park earlier in the year and it was perfect. Think Manny (the dog) loved it more than us!

I'd love to try a dog friendly hotel so that we could go for the occassional city break. The caravans great and all but I'd like to get able to get the comfortable setting and fancy dinners :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭wayfarers

Anywhere in Korea I'm guessing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

wayfarers wrote: »
    Anywhere in Korea I'm guessing.

Banned for trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

There aren't too many dog-friendly hotels in Ireland, would you believe!

The Ardilaun in Galway accept dogs, and so too do The Shelbourne in Dublin. Oh, and Randles Court in Killarney.

You can have your dog stay with you in any Travelodge, at an added cost of €20 per dog per night.

I think there is an Irish website that lists dog-friendly hotels around the country, just can't remember the URL off the top of my head! This might help though:

http://ireland-guide.com/places_to_stay_pet_friendly.html

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

bubblefett wrote: »
    Anyone ever stayed in one?

I went on holidays with the OH and our dog to a caravan park earlier in the year and it was perfect. Think Manny (the dog) loved it more than us!

I'd love to try a dog friendly hotel so that we could go for the occassional city break. The caravans great and all but I'd like to get able to get the comfortable setting and fancy dinners :)
    Caravan park = open
    Hotel = not open. Not really fair on the dog either, if you leave him in the room whilst you go for a meal/drinking.

Maybe look into someone who looks after dogs whilst their owners are away? When my dog was around, she'd sometimes stay in a local kennel place that had a few other dogs (each in their own small area), and was walked a few times a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Shhh

The 7 in bearna is doggie friendly but there is an extra charge . Currarevagh house on lough corrib is the best doggie friendly weekend foodie away place ever. Ask for the room beside the fire exit for easy doggie access.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Banned for trolling

Harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭mattser

Joe10000 wrote: »
    Harsh.
    I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

Try the Dromhall in Killarney. Also the Dunloe Hotel near Beaufort, Co Kerry allows dogs both in the room and has set up kennel facilities on the grounds. The Dunloe is a five star so start saving.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

While some don't actively advertise it on their websites, I've stayed at a few nice places with my dog. One was a country house hotel place in Clifden and another in the center of Killarney (sorry, can't remember names here!). Also a place in Waterville on the Ring of Kerry - Cable House or something like that, so it's definitely possible, you just have to shop around a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Joe10000 wrote: »
    Harsh.
    mattser wrote: »
    I agree

If you have a problem, use the report post function - otherwise don't post off-topic on thread. Mod issued a ban, it's not up to you to comment on it on thread.
    (do not reply to this post thank you)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

I'm living now since more than 4 years here in Ireland and we go 2 - 3 times a year on holidays in Ireland with the dogs. Never had any issue to find a hotel via booking.com. On the left side you have the option Pet's allowed. Just selected this after you choosed the place where you want to stay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Tried bringing my dogs on hols this year.

One b&b said they where dog friendly. Told him I have a St Bernard, JR and rott. He said yeah that's grand. I've a basement you can use..... It's about 4*5ft and you can leave them there all day cause I've no back garden.......

Needless to say we declined. After that found it near impossible to find any where other that mobile home parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Thanks everyone for the replies! Few great places to check out now :)

Think I'm in love with the Dunloe! and they won the best pet friendly accomidation this year
    "In your room you will discover a food and water bowl with floor mat, special pet treats and pet beds and a doggy throw (to cover the sofa with, should that be your pet’s preferred sleeping place "

Advertisement