Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ESL nations cup

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Ireland and the UK are under the same banner under ESL rules. That's why EPS/ENC.UK = Ireland and WCG.ie are different.

Not wanting to be rude but this is old :) Shame I don't know who the EPS UK Admins are or I'd find out more. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Decerto

Not wanting to be rude but this is old :) Shame I don't know who the EPS UK Admins are or I'd find out more. :(

Really?, I remembering signing up for cod4 eps and you needed at least 3/5 british players and the RoI didnt count:/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I nominate Decerto cos he started this thread.

Decerto wrote: »
    Really?, I remembering signing up for cod4 eps and you needed at least 3/5 british players and the RoI didnt count:/

This is country only, there can be no foreign players. And yes, it has always been like that for the UK. More than half the team always had to be UK residents. Generally, 2/5 players could be from Ireland.

This is country only, there can be no foreign players. And yes, it has always been like that for the UK. More than half the team always had to be UK residents. Generally, 2/5 players could be from Ireland.

Turns out I was wrong, looks like Ireland was indeed entered and is a seperate team. I'll get in touch with the usual suspects over the next few days. Who signed us up and who is the captain?

PS: I'm going to break my balls training for this, lol. Might as well. :)

EDIT: Can't find direct link to the teams that are signed up - anyone?
    On December 29 2011 07:17 Melty Butter wrote:
    Any Irish players out there L.O.L?

3-4 mid/highish masters(me, str0ut, epimetheus, night are the ones i know of), 3-4 mid-low ones and then about 40-50 bronze- diamond afaik

Id like to play if someone wants to sign up as captain though, played in alot of cb nation cups in cod2/4 and it was good fun!

(taken from teamliquid)

This is just plain wrong. Anyway, PM me so we can talk about the team and stuff [although I live in Canada]. I'll also log on EU for the rest of this week. Add me - Sinister.947. I'll PM you my RealID.

EDIT: There are no direct links to the teams atm, they're all being organised by the managers O_O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

I'll happily manage the team if ye want. Seeing as the ESL can be a pain in the arse for rules and papertrails, having a new hand run it without experienced help will either mean he misses something, or lots more effort than he needs to put in! Having admined there for 3 years of my life, I know the tricks, anyway.

Also, if Ireland isn't allowed (seems it is), I can make some waves to clarify it all

Well I was going to put myself forward because I've done it all in the past (captained ireland in 2009 ENC) but hey, fire ahead. I'll shoot you a PM later with some ideas I had. Also we need to know who applied in the first place so administration can be sorted.

Anyone know who the UK admin for esl.sc2 is? I know it used to be undertaker for war3 but haven't seen him since.

http://www.esl.eu/eu/sc2/country_championship/2012_groupstage/player/5805035/)#/eu/sc2/country_championship/2012_groupstage/player/gameaccounts/5805035/

Has already put himself forward, got a pm from rogue on TL about it, his bnet id is on it

Also how was my comment about irish players plain wrong?,

Decerto wrote: »
    http://www.esl.eu/eu/sc2/country_championship/2012_groupstage/player/5805035/)#/eu/sc2/country_championship/2012_groupstage/player/gameaccounts/5805035/

Has already put himself forward, got a pm from rogue on TL about it, his bnet id is on it

Also how was my comment about irish players plain wrong?,

Isn't he from Northern Ireland?

1) Night is part of the UK
    2) You could never let some of the Master level players represent Ireland, it would be embarassing.
    3) There are far more higher tier players than that in RoI never mind the entire island.
    4) How many are interested and active? How many are competitive? How many are reliable, capable and willing to show up on time?

I'm not trying to start an argument but it just needs to be an informed decision and, most importantly, a community decision because this something Ireland could use. There's always a chance we won't get one of the big nations off the bat.

Surely NighT can declare for Ireland? He should have a Irish passport.
    2) You could never let some of the Master level players represent Ireland, it would be embarassing.

We are going to be embarrassed regardless. Would be nice to see an Irish team nonetheless.

• Advertisement

Orizio wrote: »
    Surely NighT can declare for Ireland? He should have a Irish passport.

We are going to be embarrassed regardless. Would be nice to see an Irish team nonetheless.

I meant in terms of mannerisms, and the likes. Most Irish players represent themselves with pride and so forth so it's not the matches and the quality I'd be worried about.

That's the problem - where does the ESL stand on the situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭NighTxX

/wave

Looks like i came back to Starcraft just in time.

Has anyone found out any more information? Is this simply a weekly tournament playing under Ireland for ESL? or is there more behind it? Such as going to the ESL Lan etc?

Also i believe Ireland is Northern Ireland and ROI so i would be able to play for Ireland

I meant in terms of mannerisms, and the likes.

Ah yeah fair enough, Shaunn is well known for his violent outbursts in game...

Or Mr. Gregor.

So, yeah, I spoke with Night and he's going to forward a message onto Clueless. From there it's all up to administration and organisation and from what I've heard so far it's not looking for good or planned at all. But, it's not for me to say or organise so we shall see what happens.

Isn't he from Northern Ireland?

1) Night is part of the UK
    3) There are far more higher tier players than that in RoI never mind the entire island.
    4) How many are interested and active? How many are competitive? How many are reliable, capable and willing to show up on time?

I'm not trying to start an argument but it just needs to be an informed decision and, most importantly, a community decision because this something Ireland could use. There's always a chance we won't get one of the big nations off the bat.

My comment on Tl was simply listing the people that were mid-high masters players, which was pretty much finishing the season around 1k points/mmr last season and 1.4k the season before and 1.6k previous to that etc. And the only Irish people Ive seen there in the last 2-3 seasons was me, epi, night and strout.

The other irish players in masters(neo, funky, khaz) from what Ive seen tend to be 300-400 below that or have played 5 games that season.

Then there is about 50-60 bronze-diamond.

I dont see how that is plain wrong.

Forget it :) it was taken the wrong way. I've already done my part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Ok, had a look back over it, misread it as ENC instead of a country championship, which is much less strict on stuff!
    Anyway, I don't want to be captain or anything, but I'm just offering you tips on how to play the ESL system, and making sure we don't break any rules re: player photos etc.

On a team:
    We need 4 1on1ers and a 2on2 team, we'd want 6+2 2on2 teams (someone can 2on2 and 1on1, but some **** 1on1 players make a great 2on2 team, so being good at 1on1 shouldn't be used as the 2on2 qualifier)

I don't know how best to pick the team, but a cup might be a bit of fun?

I'm also going to submit an ESL support ticket to find out the current team status (and to have our interest logged officially on the ESL system), even though The Rogue sorted it. I'll keep ye up to date.

I've already spoke to a few guys and the "captain" has been notified that the RoI guys are interested in taking part. Where it goes from there depends.

Advertisement