Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Changing battery in 07 focus

Options
  • 28-12-2011 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

Have a 07 focus the model with the passive key the battery needs changing is it a straight forward swop or will I need to bring it to ford garage to reregister the keys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭swhyte027

Should be a straight swap don't worry about the keys I've never had a issue before.so off to the car parts new battery and change ul be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

You might want to check out the thread below (just in case, like). First sign is a dead battery I think....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71174831

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Make sure you know the code for the radio before you remove battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭cpb

Thanks for the advice lads turned out the alternator was gone. Only found this out after buying new battery. Breakdown service said it was battery, Motor factor shop tested battery said it was gone.

This all happened while away from home for few days got the car home and tested the battery with a tester I got in Aldi it told me it was alternator and my usual mechanic confirmed it and replaced it.

Fed up I was mislead about battery by two sources that should have know better too far to return battery. So if anyone wants to buy a battery for 07 focus :D

Advertisement