Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International texts

Options
  • 28-12-2011 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi all,

I see there's no recent threads on international texts. Which service provider (except for Meteor) do the best deal on international texts?

Tesco seem to be 14c, eMobile 15c or 20c, Vodafone give 180 free with a 30 euro topup.

Dont know who's the best with all the various options. Anyone able to help?

This is for a non tech saavy punter on a normal phone, no Viber, cabbage action unfortunately!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Hi mom how is holidays going? hope your enjoying yourself. Text me back when you get this.

EDIT: Sorry mixed this up with webtext.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ubuntulinux

Hi mom how is holidays going? hope your enjoying yourself. Text me back when you get this.

????????:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

colsku wrote: »
    Hi all,

I see there's no recent threads on international texts. Which service provider (except for Meteor) do the best deal on international texts?

Tesco seem to be 14c, eMobile 15c or 20c, Vodafone give 180 free with a 30 euro topup.

Dont know who's the best with all the various options. Anyone able to help?

This is for a non tech saavy punter on a normal phone, no Viber, cabbage action unfortunately!

I assume webtexts are out of the question then?

If so, your best option is Tesco at 14 cent per text plus free credit when you top up.

Full list of prepay charges here: http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=164321

BTW, you mentioned Vodafone texts with a 30 EUR top up. Vodafone offer 180 international minutes with a 30 EUR top up. They don't offer international texts with a 30 EUR top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭colsku

Thank you very much indeed Fungus!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Fungus wrote: »
    ... If so, your best option is Tesco at 14 cent per text plus free credit when you top up. ...
    plus 200 free texts to any Irish mobile and 50 free international texts if you top by a minimum of €10 per month. see www.tescomobile.ie for full details.

• Advertisement

I noticed that Tesco mobile has pretty poor roaming coverage across Europe so that rules it out for me...

Does anyone know if you can buy the international text bundle with the O2 Simplicity bill pay option?

I noticed that Tesco mobile has pretty poor roaming coverage across Europe so that rules it out for me...

Does anyone know if you can buy the international text bundle with the O2 Simplicity bill pay option?

Huh? Tesco Mobile offers roaming in over 100 countries including most/all of Europe. See here: http://www.tescomobile.ie/using-your-mobile-abroad.aspx

Don't touch the poor value O2 packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Have a look at www.jaxtrsms.com. Only proviso is that you should have data in your tarriff. Or if you have wifi at home.

Cheers Fungus, but this particular EU country isn't available to Tesco for some reason!

Cheers Fungus, but this particular EU country isn't available to Tesco for some reason!

Which EU country?

Paul @ Tesco Mobile - If you are reading this, can you advise if you cover all 27 EU countries?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Fungus wrote: »
    Which EU country?

Paul @ Tesco Mobile - If you are reading this, can you advise if you cover all 27 EU countries?

Yes, I believe we have roaming in the full EU 27. Will confirm tomorrow.

regards
    Paul

Advertisement