Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4 - External speaker sound low/muffled/distorted

Options
  • 28-12-2011 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭

Ordered my iPhone 4 on launch day so it's nearly 18 months old now. All of a sudden i've noticed the sound coming from the external speakers (2 Bottom mesh speakers below home button) have become muffled and distorted. I have no idea what's caused it. I'm very careful and it's been in a case since day 1. Never let any liquids near it so I don't know why the sound is like this. Googled around and haven't found too much info on it. Mostly people having these problems out of the box.

What options are open? I don't fancy opening it myself. I've seen posts about dust and dirt blocking the mesh but it couldn't cause this effect no matter how much there is. The sound is really low and when it rings the sound is distorted. Headphones work as normal so it's definitely a speaker problem.

Advertisement