Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else think Neil Delamere is shyte?

Options
  • 28-12-2011 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

I watched his DVD with a few mates last night, it really was terrible! They enjoyed it though and wouldn't accept my opinion, especially the guy who forked out the money for the DVD.

Isn't he just awful or what? His comedy seems perfect for small town culchie primary school kids. I would have laughed at it when I was 10.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

I've only seen him live once and that was at a comedy club where he was testing out some of his material for Edinburgh. The majority of the material seemed to be about the Vikings and history in general which didn't really appeal to me. It was €5 for the night and there were various comedians there so i didn't mind. Do i want to hear any of that material again....NO! At least he was trying to be original:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭fearbainne

Saw him once on his bookworm tour? (not sure if that what it was called, some tin along those lines) and he really interacted with the crowd and got every1 laughing.. i thought he was brilliant personally!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Broads.ie wrote: »
    I watched his DVD with a few mates last night, it really was terrible! They enjoyed it though and wouldn't accept my opinion, especially the guy who forked out the money for the DVD.

Isn't he just awful or what? His comedy seems perfect for small town culchie primary school kids. I would have laughed at it when I was 10.

Yes he is utterly dreadful.
    Smug little fcuker too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Saw him live, he was decent enough. He's not the worst Irish comedian.

dlofnep wrote: »
    Saw him live, he was decent enough. He's not the worst Irish comedian.

You're right, but competition is fierce tight for that spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

that programme where he tried to investigate the vikings while taking the piss out of them was shiite.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Broads.ie

fearbainne wrote: »
    Saw him once on his bookworm tour? (not sure if that what it was called, some tin along those lines) and he really interacted with the crowd and got every1 laughing.. i thought he was brilliant personally!

The interaction with the crowd was fcuking awful. When he couldn't think up of anything smart to say he'd just resort to slagging them. It was so fcuking bad, like a really shit copy of Dara o Briain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Yes utter shyte, worst comedian in Ireland while Brendan O Carroll is away in Scotland filming Mrs Brown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Deregos

Well, on a slightly different note, yet relevant to this thread (in a kinda character assassinationy type of way) last night I went to see Dara O'Briain in Vicar St. & who should I happen to be sitting within spitting range of, up on the balcony (yes I was tempted) only young Neily Delamere & his bit of fluff.

Dara was in flying form but in my peripheral vision I was constantly interrupted by the sight of Neily either yawning away most exhaustively or his girlfriend texting away on her mobile!

No respect!

I'm sure he wouldn't be enamoured to be in a situation where the tables were turned . . with Dara & his Missis turning up & doing the same at one of his upcoming gigs in Vicar Street.

But I think Dara's to much of a gent to ever even consider being such a outright inconsiderate dick.

like a really shit copy of Dara o Briain.

Nail firmly hit on head.

• Advertisement

That's grand at least some folks here agree with me. The guys I watched the DVD with thought it was good, made me wonder if I had a sense of humour at all since I didn't laugh at this "great DVD"....

Anyway, here's a video of Podge and Rodge ripping the piss out of him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

Deregos wrote: »
    Well, on a slightly different note, yet relevant to this thread (in a kinda character assassinationy type of way) last night I went to see Dara O'Briain in Vicar St. & who should I happen to be sitting within spitting range of, up on the balcony (yes I was tempted) only young Neily Delamere & his bit of fluff.

Dara was in flying form but in my peripheral vision I was constantly interrupted by the sight of Neily either yawning away most exhaustively or his girlfriend texting away on her mobile!

No respect!

I'm sure he wouldn't be enamoured to be in a situation where the tables were turned . . with Dara & his Missis turning up & doing the same at one of his upcoming gigs in Vicar Street.

But I think Dara's to much of a gent to ever even consider being such a outright inconsiderate dick.

Wow you certainly sound like a fun guy! Yawning and texting. I can understand why, say primary teachers or the like might find this unacceptable. But at a comedy gig? No, I think this could be the first time I've heard someone complain about that. Perhaps you should have informed a bouncer and had the ruffians removed. :rolleyes:

LLU wrote: »
    Wow you certainly sound like a fun guy! Yawning and texting. I can understand why, say primary teachers or the like might find this unacceptable. But at a comedy gig? No, I think this could be the first time I've heard someone complain about that. Perhaps you should have informed a bouncer and had the ruffians removed. :rolleyes:

It's ignorant, simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Have to agree, my friend raves on about him, thinks he's brilliant and tbh I don't get why. Watched him on tv and after 10 minutes flicked over, I don't think I laughed once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

It's ignorant, simple as.

Simple as what?

And since when did yawning or texting become ignorant? I fail to see how it could distract the performer, assuming the phone and yawning were in silent mode. Have you never yawned in the cinema or theatre or gig?

Simple as what?

And since when did yawning or texting become ignorant? I fail to see how it could distract the performer, assuming the phone and yawning were in silent mode. Have you never yawned in the cinema or theatre or gig?

A stand-up comedian engages with the audience.
    To look into the audience and see people bored and chatting, texting, or whatever is off putting.
    The fact that Delamere is a colleague of his makes it worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Simple as what?

Texting at a gig or in the cinema is very fcuking ignorant imo

It is very distracting for people nearby and can disrupt people's enjoyment of something they have paid to see plus people are clearly asked to turn their phones off before show's or movies start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Texting is really annoying for others around you. And it can be really distracting for the performer too. As Louis CK says, "It lights up your big dumb face."

Yawning though? When he was on the balcony in Vicar St.? Hardly a hanging offence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭spagboll

yeah, and don't get me started on Andrew Maxwell

O Brian and Spain ftw

Argument about texting.

Stop bickering. It was a yawn and a text, don't get worked up. No matter who wins this shitty little argument, Neil Delamere is still shite. Can ye take it to PM or something?

• Advertisement
Advertisement