Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeder bus - something you don't see everyday!

Options
  • 27-12-2011 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭

Just though id point out that today the dart feeder service on the 114 run by dublin bus which doesnt run on a sunday is running today as a normal weekday service against a sunday dart service!

And these are sister companies! :facepalm:

I give up! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,551 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Dublin Bus were running a full service on all routes on Tuesday except certain Xpresso routes.

Boils down to whatever agreements are in place within the companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

it's a long time since the 114 was a true feeder bus and is now a service in it's own right, like most (all?) of the 11X routes, not that there are many left...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭CIE

it's a long time since the 114 was a true feeder bus and is now a service in its own right, like most (all?) of the 11X routes, not that there are many left...
    If it's not a feeder bus, then what was the purpose of cutting off the former 6/6A service from the city centre?

CIE wrote: »
    If it's not a feeder bus, then what was the purpose of cutting off the former 6/6A service from the city centre?

what indeed...

it's less of an issue these days with clockface DARTs but both the 111 and 114 rarely actually connected with a DART in the last few years, leaving long waits at times from bus arrival to DART departure (esp at night/weekend), to me that makes them not feeders, just buses that happen to terminate at a station, much like the 46a, 75, 45a, 17, 46e etc.
    Most of the time station personnel were unaware of the price and ticket to get the proper use of a feeder too, more so when in the CC and asking for a ticket to Loughlinstown rather than on the bus...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

thomasj wrote: »
    Just though id point out that today the dart feeder service on the 114 run by dublin bus which doesnt run on a sunday is running today as a normal weekday service against a sunday dart service!

And these are sister companies! :facepalm:

I give up! :(

Still, as expected the 114 is still not running a service neither today or tomorrow, due to being a Bank Holiday Monday.

Not alone were the xpreesso routes weren't running. But, in addition to them, the 7b, 7d, 46e, 116 and the 118 haven't been running either.

• Advertisement

Certain journeys on the 7b, 46e and 116 were operating last week.

lxflyer wrote: »

Were they now, why was that happening?

I haven't the 7b going past me at all this week. Last time I'd seen was on the week leading up to Christmas Eve.

I know DB have the mysterious 46e running from Dun Laoghaire to Donnybrook Garage.

Were they now, why was that happening?

I haven't the 7b going past me at all this week. Last time I'd seen was on the week leading up to Christmas Eve.

I know DB have the mysterious 46e running from Dun Laoghaire to Donnybrook Garage.

Some of the journeys are integrated into the normal timetable of other routes.

Both morning trips on the 46e operated, the afternoon 116 operated and at least two morning 7b trips operated.

Some of the journeys are integrated into the normal timetable of other routes.

Both morning trips on the 46e operated, the afternoon 116 operated and at least two morning 7b trips operated.

Well then, Why DB did not show this on their website even in a few days advance? Their timetables only run limited services 5 days a week as it is. The term on their website ''Certain exceptions will apply on the following routes'' should be examined in more detail IMO. It gave a bad impression that the routes were running although not meant to be running at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

For a while I used live in Castleknock and work in Sandyford. It always amused me that in Castleknock I could only buy a ticket to Blackrock, I couldn't buy one that covered the feeder bus, and conversely I couldn't buy a ticket on the bus in Sandyford that took me any further than Connolly. Needless to say as I wasn't going leaving stations mid-journey to buy tickets I did a lot of fare-stretching in those days.

I do recall hearing Mary Harney (I think) on the radio at the time bleating on about integrated ticketing, and I remember thinking at the time we've a long way to go. Indeed with Leap a lot of the problems still won't be solved.

• Advertisement

Well then, Why DB did not show this on their website even in a few days advance? Their timetables only run limited services 5 days a week as it is. The term on their website ''Certain exceptions will apply on the following routes'' should be examined in more detail IMO. It gave a bad impression that the routes were running although not meant to be running at all.

The whole information set up for the Christmas period was lacking in every respect.

Not good.

n97 mini wrote: »
    For a while I used live in Castleknock and work in Sandyford. It always amused me that in Castleknock I could only buy a ticket to Blackrock, I couldn't buy one that covered the feeder bus, and conversely I couldn't buy a ticket on the bus in Sandyford that took me any further than Connolly. Needless to say as I wasn't going leaving stations mid-journey to buy tickets I did a lot of fare-stretching in those days.

I do recall hearing Mary Harney (I think) on the radio at the time bleating on about integrated ticketing, and I remember thinking at the time we've a long way to go. Indeed with Leap a lot of the problems still won't be solved.

They can issue a ticket on any of the 90, 102, 111 and 114 buses to/from any DART station, but not Maynooth line stations and vice versa. Don't ask me why.

Of course everyone knows about this!

is the 111 even a feeder technically any more? Seems more like a rush-hour only relief for the 7 these days

They can issue a ticket on any of the 90, 102, 111 and 114 buses to/from any DART station, but not Maynooth line stations and vice versa. Don't ask me why.

Of course everyone knows about this!

Agreed, I even tried to ask the stationmaster Clontarf Road for a DART Ticket from from there to Newtownpark Avenue and he hadn't a clue what I was saying. If the 102 is still a DART Feeder bus, I suppose you can only ask for DART Feeder ticket in that area if that was the case.

Especially, with regards to the no.90 bus, IMO that bus should be scrapped indefinitely. You will very lucky to get on that bus at all nowadays, because it only runs from 6.30am to 10.00am every morning during the 5 day period with no service at weekends. That, I feel does condone a brutal service, IMO. Even the 111 is a horrible service at the moment, But there is meant to be improved this Spring with it going to Cherrywood Industrial Estate.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/901/

Also to note, DB still have the mysterious 91 route too. The last time I'd seen was around a year and a half ago.

Agreed, I even tried to ask the stationmaster Clontarf Road for a DART Ticket from from there to Newtownpark Avenue and he hadn't a clue what I was saying. If the 102 is still a DART Feeder bus, I suppose you can only ask for DART Feeder ticket in that area if that was the case.

Especially, with regards to the no.90 bus, IMO that bus should be scrapped indefinitely. You will very lucky to get on that bus at all nowadays, because it only runs from 6.30am to 10.00am every morning during the 5 day period with no service at weekends. That, I feel does condone a brutal service, IMO. Even the 111 is a horrible service at the moment, But there is meant to be improved this Spring with it going to Cherrywood Industrial Estate.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/901/

Also to note, DB still have the mysterious 91 route too. The last time I'd seen was around a year and a half ago.

Perhaps you would like to explain your fascinating proposal to the full bus loads of people on board the 90 every weekday morning as it leaves Heuston?

I doubt they would be very happy with you.

The 90 is very much needed in the morning peak. The afternoon/evening peak is more strung out and the 145 is sufficient.

is the 111 even a feeder technically any more? Seems more like a rush-hour only relief for the 7 these days

The 111 is indeed still a DART feeder bus.

Advertisement