Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window regulator motors

Options
  • 27-12-2011 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi. I'm new to the forum and I just thought I would put a question to you all. My wife and I own a Karmann distance wide '93 (LT35) and recently our last working electric window failed on us which prompted us to get both fixed. Would anyone have any suggestions on where to buy two good priced window regulator motors? Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭karmaan

maybe try here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

sure tis still a VW part? Did you try GSF or OTTO or ECP or even VW themselves? If you have the chassis number handy when you ring them it always makes it easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 VincentI

@Karmann - Thanks, already registered there and have posted a similar query.
    @Aiden M_M - Cheers also, I will give them a call also with the chassis number to enquire. My mechanic had informed me that these parts would be expensive and so he prompted me to look further to see if I could get them cheaper. Thanks for the input.

depends what you consider expensive? I've fitted them to to Golfs etc , and IIRC they were somewhere between 65-100 euro.

Got a quote from VW locally for in the region of 300 euro a piece. It was suggested to look in the UK sites as the LTs are more common there. The search goes on.....

• Advertisement

Still no joy at the moment... Aiden M, can the LT's be fitted with manual mechanisms instead of the motor regulators? I believe it may be cheaper and less likely to fail. Thanks.

tbh , they czan but getting the bits mightn't be that easy? Ask the lads on EirCooled or BrickYard forums .

Advertisement