Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor Surgery open tomorrow in Dublin?

Options
  • 27-12-2011 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭

Bit of short notice on this.

Flying out of Dublin airport at 11AM an I need to get my ear syringed (yuk!) otherwise I'll be half deaf for the next few days and in pain when the cabin pressure changes.

Anyone know of anywhere that could do this at 8-9:30AM in the morning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Just blast it with saline yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 68,505 ✭✭✭✭L1011

try primacare.ie, usually open Sundays. Can't check website from phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Just blast it with saline yourself

A new departure for AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

If the cabin pressure was to change, would your ear "filling" explode in a glupey mess?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭tk123

VHI Swiftcare in Airside will see you without an appointment and within an hour but it'll cost €€€s if you don't have a policy that covers it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

If the cabin pressure was to change, would your ear "filling" explode in a glupey mess?

Nope the pressure just doesn't release until I've been on the gound for an hour or two and I just have to endure some fairly significant discomfort/pain depending on the part of the flight.

Seeing as I have three flight legs tomorrow It's going to be agony unless I get it done. Would be nice to do it at home but I don't have anything I could use/rig to do the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Doesn't sound pleasant, hope you get sorted!

tk123 wrote: »
    VHI Swiftcare in Airside will see you without an appointment and within an hour but it'll cost €€€s if you don't have a policy that covers it

That sounds like a good plan, I'm on a very high VHI plan so I'm covered for everything I think.

Can't see anything anywhere about christmas opening though I'd assume 7 days covers it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I think VHI clinic is your best bet. A lot of doctors on a normal day dont open untill 9 so to give you enough time for flight then you would need to go earlier. If its a GP you dont know you could be sitting round for ages to get seen. VHI would be safer.

Just called the number, open 365 days from 8AM.

Sounds like I'm sorted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

There also might be a doctor at the airport, might be worth having a look at the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Poke it out with a bit of a stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Im sceptical about the ops sig. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Also, did you try the doctor on call service?

MagicSean wrote: »
    Im sceptical about the ops sig. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Also, did you try the doctor on call service?

Gigabit work connection. I live in the same building complex so I just strung some copper from my flat to the office comms room.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

cros13 wrote: »
    Gigabit work connection. I live in the same building complex so I just strung some copper from my flat to the office comms room.
    Just stick the network cable in yer lughole. Should do the trick at those speeds.

I presume you have an RJ45 to Ear adapter?

Advertisement