Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mince Pies

Options
  • 26-12-2011 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭

I love mince pies but am not fond of the little ring of crust around the top of them.

Then I asked myself, why not make a mince tart?

Seems feasible, is there something I have not factored in that makes this impossible? Has it been done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

mackg wrote: »
    I love mince pies but am not fond of the little ring of crust around the top of them.

Then I asked myself, why not make a mince tart?

Seems feasible, is there something I have not factored in that makes this impossible? Has it been done?

Have seen a mince tart in one of the stores, probably either dunnes or tesco, or maybe it was marks. If you go for a mince pie that doesn't have a pastry top, does that make a difference to the mince pie experience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Some places do mince pies where the top is just a cut out star of pastry sitting in the middle (so technically you could take that off).
    M&S do lattice mince pies, so it wouldn't be a thick piece of pastry on top. (They also do puff pastry ones which are lovely).

Advertisement