Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'What Christmas Stuff Did You Eat Today?' Thread

Options
  • 26-12-2011 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭

OK, so what Christmas stuff did you eat so far? Would've posted yesterday but too stuffed to move! Didn't start on anything Christmassy until Christmas eve, and then it was a mini mince pie and ice cream, saving room for the big day itself. So, for Chrimbo dinner had leek and cheese tartlet, (vegetarian) veg, stuffing, yorshire pud and gravy, and spudes, mash and roasties. Christmas pud and cream for afters, and christmas cake in the evening. A few Heroes sweets and I was stuffed!

A load more Christmas stuff to get through so will see how today goes :pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Right- yesterday's food, hmmm.
    Turkey, ham, sprouts, roast potatoes, mash etc...
    Christmas cake, Christmas pudding, Lindt chocolates and ferrero rochers. Then ham sandwiches. Nyom. And there's a LOT to be eaten today too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Posy wrote: »
    Right- yesterday's food, hmmm.
    Turkey, ham, sprouts, roast potatoes, mash etc...
    Christmas cake, Christmas pudding, Lindt chocolates and ferrero rochers. Then ham sandwiches. Nyom. And there's a LOT to be eaten today too. :)

meant to buy a box of these and forgot :(

Couldn't face another big dinner today (we're having another 'Christmas day' on wednesday when another family member is back form the UK) so had a salad sarnie with stuffing in, very tasty. Followed by Chrsitmas pud and custard, and a piece of yule log :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

had the big Christmas dinner with all the trimmings yesterday, then for dessert had a slice of malteser and baileys cheesecake and a bowl of sherry trifle and some heros!

I was STUFFED!:D Having another turkey dinner this evening:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Had veggies and a couple of roast potatoes for dinner yesterday. Fruit & meringue for dessert. Couple of Quality Street sweets too.
    Dinner today - some chips. Will probably have some sweets later.

We're having 'Christmas Dinner: Mark II' this evening. I have my Rennies ready!
    I had bran-flakes and Christmas cake for breakfast this morning. :o

• Advertisement

star-pants wrote: »
    Couple of Quality Street sweets too
    My Christmas box of Quality street only made it December 20th. Oops.
    (Luckily I still had a tin of roses, ferreros, lindt, after eights, a big box of chocolate kimberlies, a selection box and two chocolate Santas to get me through the rest of the festive season..) :D

Homer Simpson: "Belly button going from innie.. to outie.." :o

Posy wrote: »
    We're having 'Christmas Dinner: Mark II' this evening. I have my Rennies ready!
    I had bran-flakes and Christmas cake for breakfast this morning. :o

Only at Christmas is this the norm for breakfast! That, or chocolate for breakfast! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Oh apart from the QS, we've a box of Roses, box of Lindt chocolates, box of Butlers chocolates, box of Caffreys Teacakes, some chocolate kimberley, two boxes of walnut whips, box of cadbury biscuits, a few large toblerones, some selection boxes, tubes of sweets (minstrels/fruitpastilles/etc.), christmas cake, christmas pudding, chocolate biscuit cake and a few tubs of icecream about the house so I think anyone who's looking for something will find it haha :)
    My dad does this thing where 'they're for Christmas' so we can't open most stuff til it's pretty much Christmas!!

My house is like that, with the result that it's usually the start of January before all the Christmas food has been devoured! :p

leahyl wrote: »
    had the big Christmas dinner with all the trimmings yesterday, then for dessert had a slice of malteser and baileys cheesecake and a bowl of sherry trifle and some heros!

I was STUFFED!:D Having another turkey dinner this evening:)

Was this homemade? Sounds delicious, Baileys cheesecake is devine. Hard to find round this way so bought a delish cream liqueur one in m and s, seriously nice, and was eaten Christmas eve eve :) so counts as Christmas food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

We had king prawn to start followed by turkey, ham, spiced beef and goose along with the usual veg. Then it was meringue and cream for dessert and of course a box of chocolates was demolished too. I am still full. Could only manage a cold plate today and am moulded to the couch. I might try getting dressed tomorrow:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

flutegirl wrote: »
    Was this homemade? Sounds delicious, Baileys cheesecake is devine. Hard to find round this way so bought a delish cream liqueur one in m and s, seriously nice, and was eaten Christmas eve eve :) so counts as Christmas food.

Yup twas homemade - someone in work with my brother made it for him! We gave away some of it to my neighbour cos had too much with the trifle but was pretty yum alright!

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Could only manage a cold plate today and am moulded to the couch. I might try getting dressed tomorrow:)
    I had a pyjama day today too! I deserve a lay lazing in bed trying to digest enormous quantities of food, dammit! :p

leahyl wrote: »
    Yup twas homemade - someone in work with my brother made it for him! We gave away some of it to my neighbour cos had too much with the trifle but was pretty yum alright!

Shame you're not up this way, would've gatecrashed for a slice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

We ordered pizza on Christmas eve - nothing Christmassy at all!

On Christmas day we were up at 6.30 to get to my home place in time for pressie opening. Even though I don't live at home any more I was STILL the one who woke everyone on Christmas morning. :D

So a brekkie of tomatoes and toast, a coconut macaroon, and a tiny glass of red wine when our uncle visited at 9am. Then dinner was a huge plate of the usual (only quorn instead of turkey and ham). Then a slice of lemon and lime pie and some more wine. I was so full then so no more food until about 10pm and a lovely quorn and croquette leftover sandwich with onion relish and cheese and another coconut macaroon.

Yesterday I had a meringue when I got up, but it's ok, I made it healthy with berries.........

Then dinner was in mammy-in-laws. She's an excellent cook and made a roasted veggie quiche, honestly the tastiest quiche I've ever had in my life! Then we ate the cheese board which I put together, with some more lovely onion relish a few roses, a bottle of prosecco and I rolled to bed for the second night in a row.

I'm working now tonight so it's all back to normal, nearly, I've spent the past hour lying on the couch sharing biscuits with the dogs and the last of my quorn will be used in an omelette this evening. The box of biscuits will come to work with me and that will be the last of my Christmas food. :)

Whispered wrote: »
    Yesterday I had a meringue when I got up, but it's ok, I made it healthy with berries......
    Well that's a minimum of one of your five-a-day, you health nut! :p

Yesterday evenig had mince pies and christmas cake :pac:

Was given a tin of roses today so got stuck into those, still finishing off the heroes, and made a start on the stollen. Bought individual slices this year as I eat tons of the stuff if bought whole :o

Advertisement