Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

girl they're searching the shannon for

Options
  • 26-12-2011 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭

anyone know if they found her body yet?

so sad

<mod snip>
    Name removed as i dont see it in the media yet.
    If someone has a link throw it up I cant find any on the usual sites.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sineadmocroi

Not as yet, crews from surrounding counties and Cork now joined the search.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Not as yet, crews from surrounding counties and Cork now joined the search.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Both her sisters were in the sane classes as mine, shed lost a baby to a cot death Christmas last year and the mother committed suicide a few years ago, aswell as her sister being left for dead in a car accident a few years ago too. Really a family filled with tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Both her sisters were in the sane classes as mine, shed lost a baby to a cot death Christmas last year and the mother committed suicide a few years ago, aswell as her sister being left for dead in a car accident a few years ago too. Really a family filled with tragedy.

yeah i lived a few doors down from her a few yrs ago, lovely girl

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

I hope they find her soon such a horrible time for the family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

caspa307 wrote: »

yeah i lived a few doors down from her a few yrs ago, lovely girl

She really was.. poor misfortune..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Anyone have an update on this, I saw the search and rescue crews on the river this morning, but saw them taking the boats out of the water a few hours later, did they find anything??

Her obituary is on the 95fm site so i take it her body has been recovered. May she rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

i met the carrick search and rescue on the road this evening, i was wondering why they had finished so early.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

RIP :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Condolences to family and friends - Sounds like such a tragic event, some people don't seem to get a fair shot at it at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Very sad about that girl. At least her family can get some closure with her body being found so fast. I'm not a religious guy, but I hope that if there is something beyond the world/life we know that she has found peace there.

I see another girl/woman entered the river last night, and the search and rescue guys managed to get her out alive. I hope that she gets whatever help she needs to turn around whatever left her feeling she had no other way to escape.

I know I have said this before, but I can never praise the search and rescue guys enough. Brave folk who put their own lives at risk with every callout, and who don't get the funding that their amazing service deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

A/c to live 95 it was the fire service & gardai that rescued said lady last night....

do the fire service have a rib? if not there should be a collection for one. their 24hr responce time is unbeatable.....

Ive seen the guards to their credit talk countless people off the quays and bridges.

IMO the search and rescue are at a disadvantage timewise as they are located 'dry' on the dock road and require notification/mobile and launch time to get in the water which im sure unfortuntly leads them to do more searching than rescuing

hats off to all involved.... .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

A/c to live 95 it was the fire service & gardai that rescued said lady last night....

do the fire service have a rib? if not there should be a collection for one. their 24hr responce time is unbeatable.....

Ive seen the guards to their credit talk countless people off the quays and bridges.

IMO the search and rescue are at a disadvantage timewise as they are located 'dry' on the dock road and require notification/mobile and launch time to get in the water which im sure unfortuntly leads them to do more searching than rescuing

hats off to all involved.... .
    I don't think so, I remember something in the papers about them trying to get one but I never heard if they actually did.....

Found the link...http://www.limerickpost.ie/index.php/navigation-mainmenu-30/local-news/1557-give-us-a-boat-plead-firefighters.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭db

What would it cost to have one jetski ready at all times for a fast response? With the number of people lost to the river each year it might be just enough to save a few lives. I sometimes despair at the amount of resources spent on road safety every year when suicide takes so many more lives and no resources are given to it.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I saw jet skis during the search. I think it had garda markings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

Thats not the same, ....if there was a responce / rescue within 5 - 8min there would be no need for a prolonged search....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,756 ✭✭✭✭phog

db wrote: »
    What would it cost to have one jetski ready at all times for a fast response? With the number of people lost to the river each year it might be just enough to save a few lives. I sometimes despair at the amount of resources spent on road safety every year when suicide takes so many more lives and no resources are given to it.

Afaik, The Limerick S&R have a jetski. I think I've seen them practice on the Shannon with it and they have used it on nights like the fireworks at the Castle.

Advertisement