Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toys you always wanted...

Options
  • 26-12-2011 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭

but never got?

Mine was always the Millennium Falcon or the AT-AT Star wars toys
    really wanted this but never got it

I also remember asking for a Tomytronic 3D for years and eventually they got me one but it was the wrong :rolleyes:

tomytronic-4x3.jpg

so what was your toy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

I always wanted Mr frostie (Think that is what he was called), he made ice pops.

Good thing i never got him though... I wasn't the smallest child:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I always wanted a remote controlled plane or helicopter.

I bought a heli last year, it gave me unbridled joy for 3 days. Then it broke, the things are a lethal combination of hard to control and very delicate. They don't last pissing time.

I might buy another in the sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

A romping rabbit from anne summers.. Still have to get it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

my mate got one in Arnotts that they are demoing and it is very rugged as he demonstrates by crashing a lot on purpose, it has rubber blades as opposed to the solid ones that break within 10 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Skerries wrote: »
    my mate got one in Arnotts that they are demoing and it is very rugged as he demonstrates by crashing a lot on purpose, it has rubber blades as opposed to the solid ones that break within 10 minutes

LOL
    Sold and by a mad coincidence I just happen to be going into the arnotts sale.

Thanx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Scalextric ....too damned expensive back in the day.....ah well...still had great fun with my friends one....Ah...the memories....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

A romping rabbit from anne summers.. Still have to get it :(

I had to do a double take on these two posts, all the while wondering what line of business arnotts were moving into.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Those electric jeeps that you could drive around. Damn those rich kids with their money and presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

I always wanted Mr frostie (Think that is what he was called), he made ice pops.

Good thing i never got him though... I wasn't the smallest child:o

I wanted a Mr Frosty too but there was always something I wanted more so Mr Frosty was always down the list and I never got one. From talking about the same subject with my friends it seems he's a popular toy that people never got.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

had desperately wanted a sega mega CD [mkII to fit with the mkII megadrive that already had],had also wanted the thirty two x-mum and dad never had the money for that sort of stuff though.

probably sound like a right sega fangirl but had also wanted a sega game gear because it not only played games; with a tv tuner it also had tv function as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Old issues of various superheroes comics used be the American edition, and on the back outside or inside there was almost inevitably an Ad for Daisy BB guns......
    I always wanted one of the ones that looked like this, as it resembled the classic lever action Winchester of the westerns.
    http://daisy.com/shopping/customer/product.php?productid=16363&cat=249&page=1

• Registered Users Posts: 24,025 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Nodin wrote: »
    Old issues of various superheroes comics used be the American edition, and on the back outside or inside there was almost inevitably an Ad for Daisy BB guns......
    I always wanted one of the ones that looked like this, as it resembled the classic lever action Winchester of the westerns.
    http://daisy.com/shopping/customer/product.php?productid=16363&cat=249&page=1

I always wanted these until I discovered they didn't work:(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

but never got?

Mine was always the Millennium Falcon or the AT-AT Star wars toys
    really wanted this but never got it

I also remember asking for a Tomytronic 3D for years and eventually they got me one but it was the wrong :rolleyes:

tomytronic-4x3.jpg

so what was your toy?

This, wanted one for years when I was younger but never got one. Eventually got one in New York a few years back at the grand age of 25:D ...gave it to my son on Christmas Eve knowing he was getting other Star Wars stuff for Christmas and he loves it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Dr. Dreadfuls Drinks Maker

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Scruffles wrote: »
    had desperately wanted a sega mega CD [mkII to fit with the mkII megadrive that already had],had also wanted the thirty two x-mum and dad never had the money for that sort of stuff though.

probably sound like a right sega fangirl but had also wanted a sega game gear because it not only played games; with a tv tuner it also had tv function as well.

With the MegaCD and 32X you dodged a bullet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

When I was a kid I wanted a Johnny Seven O.M.A. (One Man Army)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Seven_OMA

never got one. One kid on our street had one but he never let any of us have a go with it :(

Advertisement