Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M12 x 1.25 fine thread die

Options
  • 26-12-2011 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm working on a vintage Toyota Landcruiser over the Christmas and urgently require an M12 x 1.25 fine pitch die to thread some bolts as part of the restoration.

The reason it's urgent is I can't reassemble until it's threaded (for space reasons).

I know they can be got on ebay etc, but I was wondering does anyone know where I'd get one (bricks and mortar) / borrow one?

Thanks
    Corglass

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

AR Brownlow have them, not sure of their opening hours over xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭corglass

CJhaughey wrote: »
    AR Brownlow have them, not sure of their opening hours over xmas.

Thanks CJH, but I just checked then out and they're in dublin. Any ideas for dublin/midlands?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

They are in Cork as well, any help?

CJhaughey wrote: »
    They are in Cork as well, any help?

not really, too far to travel.

I was kinda hoping for a place like Woodies / Halford / Homebase etc. but I tried all their websites and found nothing. Halfords do have a metric tap set, but the dies are all 12 x 1.75 or 12 x 1.5.

Still looking so . . .:o

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭couldntthink

I had a look at my selection and closest I have is M12 X 1.75. That size will be fairly hard to find by itself in any shop in this country I would think, unless you get it as part of a kit.

What's the cruiser. Is it an FJ40, would love to see a few pics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Might have one but sets in work and won't know til 3rd. If you're still stuck let me know and I'll check

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Might have one but sets in work and won't know til 3rd. If you're still stuck let me know and I'll check
    Thanks Lex. I'm really hoping I get sorted before then. But if not, that's a very kind offer.

Still searching . . .

corglass wrote: »
    Thanks Lex. I'm really hoping I get sorted before then. But if not, that's a very kind offer.

Still searching . . .

Will be up near work on thurs. Will drop in and have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    corglass wrote: »

Still searching . . .

Will be up near work on thurs. Will drop in and have a look

EJ Caulfield in Galway might have one......don't know their hours over the hols....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Bump, anyone know of anyplace open today that would sell these?

Especially in the Westmeath, Longford, Leitrim, Cavan area?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Had a look yesterday in the cabinet at work. No sign of them along with some other of my tools. One of the lads might have moved them somwhere else but wont know til Tue. Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

Try giving B&Q in Athlone a call see if they sell them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Was only looking for one of these a few weeks ago...Came across plenty of
    M12 X 1.5's...:rolleyes:
    The only place i can think around Longford would be Fenlons.
    http://www.fenelon.ie/
    Or
    Maybe try Cecil Tuthill in Mohill.
    http://www.olimotion.com/EngineeringServices.htm

Advertisement