Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ipod Frozen

Options
  • 26-12-2011 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I was setting up my new ipod touch today. it was synching with itunes but was plugged out by mistake and now its really messed up. I have tried to reset it, restore it and everythign else but nothing is working. the apple sign is just on the screen permanently. It won't connect to my computer when i plug it in. It's brand new so I would really appreciate some help with is! Thanks. :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 garys

Something similar happened to my ipod...

Try holding the menue and centre circle buttons at the same time for a minute....

• Registered Users Posts: 25 garys

• Registered Users Posts: 81,893 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

garys wrote: »
    Try holding the menue and centre circle buttons at the same time for a minute....
    Same button......

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭eoinsie74

Hope im in the right forum for this question and excuse me if i sound ignorant. I just got a 320gb external hard drive and I plugged it into a family members home pc and transferred about 7gb of music which he had in a music folder on his desktop.
    When i got home i plugged the external hard drive into my own laptop and transferred all of this new music into my itunes library on top of about 9gb of music which i already had. I then went to synch my new extended itunes library with my iphone but it wouldnt allow me, telling me my that my computer wasnt authorised.
    Can anyone let me know if there is a a way around this?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,893 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The DRM on the files prevents you from doing what you did. You need your friend to authorize your PC to handle his iTunes files. An iTunes account can authorize 5 PCs at one time. Even then I'm not sure it will allow you to sync.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

eoinsie74 wrote: »
    Hope im in the right forum for this question and excuse me if i sound ignorant. I just got a 320gb external hard drive and I plugged it into a family members home pc and transferred about 7gb of music which he had in a music folder on his desktop.
    When i got home i plugged the external hard drive into my own laptop and transferred all of this new music into my itunes library on top of about 9gb of music which i already had. I then went to synch my new extended itunes library with my iphone but it wouldnt allow me, telling me my that my computer wasnt authorised.
    Can anyone let me know if there is a a way around this?
    Thanks

The easiest way is to use something other than itunes. winamp or media monkey both completely replace itunes. They both support apple products.

Advertisement