Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

not smoking after a night out

Options
  • 25-12-2011 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

im a smoker and for years ive wondered why after a good night out on the lash the following day the thought of smoking makes me sick, to be honest i wouldnt even think of smoking, and can easily get through the day without one.
    Golden Virginia smoker
    5-10 a day mid week
    15-30 night out (answer could be right there )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

I quit around four years ago but when I did smoke I couldn't smoke with a hang over, normally I couldn't go without 15+ smokes in a day but if i had any form of a hangover then no smoking that day, didn't want them.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How ventilated is your place of sleep?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jones 19

Average , i don't open windows but say if i went camping and slept outside all night after a few drinks , the next morning or day there'd be no chance of smoking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭bridgemond

I also hate cigs the next day after a night out. The first one is the worst and always makes me feel sick. I still smoke the next day though but smoke less I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

The answer is in the last line. I'm the same. After a night of heavy smoking the craving for nicotine just isn't there the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Its interesting to read that most people stay clear of the smokes the next day, I find I'm the opposite, smoking tends to soothe my hangovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭poozers

even tho ive no "scientific evidence" and im only guessing my theory, buti always figured it was the nicotine thats left your system while sleeping reacting with the alcahol thats still in your system! i could be waaay off...but to me it sounds logical. i dont drink anymore but i used to dread the first fag after a night out...id need a fag alright, but i wouldnt smoke till about 6 or 7 pm the next night when i knew i could reach a toilet easily if i needed to vomit !!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Soundsphere

I have the same thing, but I also stop smoking while I'm still drinking. Basically, when I am really drunk and everybody is about to leave. I usually smoke a cig before I go to bed, and I also do it when I was out drinking, but this last smoke makes me feel like ****.
    I make it easily through the next day without a smoke then as well....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭OneIdea

jones 19 wrote: »
    im a smoker and for years ive wondered why after a good night out on the lash the following day the thought of smoking makes me sick, to be honest i wouldnt even think of smoking, and can easily get through the day without one.
    Golden Virginia smoker
    5-10 a day mid week
    15-30 night out (answer could be right there )

I wouldn't worry too much about it, Dean Martin once said
    I'd hate to be a teetotaler. Imagine getting up in the morning and knowing that's as good as you're going to feel all day.

Apart from that, maybe having good night out would be the best opportunity for you to quit smoking, I did that once, I lasted 7weeks with the aid of gum... however I got stressed out over a different health matter and resumed smoking... I know there's no logic to that:confused: **** happens:cool:

Try smoking a different brand of cigi when your out... you might not smoke as much?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,634 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

oneidea: read the charter. This here forum is not about quitting.

Off topic side note, Dean Martin was not the lush he portrayed in public. More often then not he would have tea in the glass.
    It's said that he would arrange girls to ask him up to a room while he was in Sinatras company. He would tip the wink at Frank, leave the drinking session and follow the girls upstairs where he would pay her off, send her away and would then watch the TV. :cool:

Meanwhile, back on topic, cigar hangovers are killer. One cigar out in a smoking area is fine, it's like drinking loads of water with your wine. However, a 3 or 4 cigar night in the company of other cigar smokers in a small enclosed room tends to give me a blinding headache the morning after...though that might be whisky/whiskey.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Raditub

the first thing i do after a night out is light up a cigarette! I guess i just smoke too much too care...my body needs it after a hard night out! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I quit a few months ago but I always found that I just could not smoke after a night out. It didn't matter if I had got really drunk the night before or just had a couple. I used to smoke about 15 a day but I'd very easily get through 40 on a night out. I don't think it has anything to do with the alcohol, the body just doesn't crave nicotine after a night of excessive smoking!

Advertisement