Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Ace

Options
  • 25-12-2011 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

Anyone have this? What do you think of it? Battery, Screen etc

I got it for Xmas but I've always gone for a Nokia myself, should I change it?

What is the equivalent Nokia?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Grand phone them. you won't want another nokia once you go android. I don't have that phone myself.one of the girls I know has it and it's a grand yoke. Jackobyte that posts in android forum has it afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

So called nokia equivalents to this would be thin on the ground at the moment OP. Nokia's choice in smartphones is practically non-existent at the moment. Their gradual transition to Windows Phone 7 means theres effectively nothing around in terms of Symbian at the moment, not that anyone would recommend one anyway. I think the only ones anyone around here would recommend would be the lumia 800 or the n9 perhaps, but those handsets are in the €400 price range

The Ace is a fine phone for €200, in terms of a handset for that price, you will not do much better, xcept with the exception of he Sony Ericsson Xperia Play(Another android handset), which is a left field choice, but great value for money, none the less. What netowkr are on on OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Zonda999 wrote: »
    So called nokia equivalents to this would be thin on the ground at the moment OP. Nokia's choice in smartphones is practically non-existent at the moment. Their gradual transition to Windows Phone 7 means theres effectively nothing around in terms of Symbian at the moment, not that anyone would recommend one anyway. I think the only ones anyone around here would recommend would be the lumia 800 or the n9 perhaps, but those handsets are in the €400 price range

The Ace is a fine phone for €200, in terms of a handset for that price, you will not do much better, xcept with the exception of he Sony Ericsson Xperia Play(Another android handset), which is a left field choice, but great value for money, none the less. What netowkr are on on OP?
    Hey Zonda

So you think it's a goodun? The box is sitting on the Desk in front of me all day, can't open it untill I'm sure...:pac:

I'm with O2, I've being meaning to change to Tesco though, O2 are expensive, It's been 4 years+ since I've looked at phone specs, or anything phone related, read a few reviews on this Samsung and the battery is mentioned as being a bit sh*tty but reviews are not as reliable as they use to be.

What's up with Nokia? They use to be king. What about LGs, they make phones now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

seanybiker wrote: »
    Grand phone them. you won't want another nokia once you go android. I don't have that phone myself.one of the girls I know has it and it's a grand yoke. Jackobyte that posts in android forum has it afaik
    I did a search their, your're right, will give the Threads a read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 XUnknownX

Hi can anybody tell me why this is,
    iv being looking on some of the phone sites there and on 02 the Galaxy Ace is €179 and on meteor its €219 and Vodafone its €250 ?!?! O.O :eek:
    I'm with Meteor now due to the good top up deals and free browsing, i just bought an ipod touch and i'm thinking of upgrading, but i'm not going to pay €219 ? :/ unless i get it on 02 and unlock? but that voids the warranty, right?
    it'll probably take me a few months to save up anyway but by late feb or late march or even early april that the phone would be still on sale and the price dropped majorly to about €130 ? because i like it but not paying that much xD
    any help appreciated :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

You need to factor in the bill plan and data allowance. You'll pay a lot more on O2 for data. So the lower price doesn't really reflect the cost over the year.

Yeah, thats very true, on meteor free texts to metoer is €5 euro like where as on 02 its like what €20 ? I've never been on 02, so €5 euro is alot cheaper than €20 these days but its worth a think about it surely.

Generally the only good plans on O2 are old plans that you can't get anymore. The current ones don't make a lot of sense.

i know this thread is on something different but do you think an iphone 3g is worth it ?

XUnknownX wrote: »
    i know this thread is on something different but do you think an iphone 3g is worth it ?

Thats not a simple answer. The hardware no. Its too old. So it really depends how much you value being connected to Apples world of apps and infrastructure, itunes, etc. That is subjective. Some will say yes, others no. Then it depends on the price.

• Advertisement

but there are androids that are much more capable for 350 ?

You'd have to be more specific.

They'll have better hardware certainly. But no android can access apples software or itunes, apps store. It depends entirely whats important to you. Android has its own store.

i have an iPod touch 4g white x and i want an iphone so just wondering would the 3gs be crap to downgrade to x

Advertisement