Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sneaker Zombies.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

There is definitely gonna be a racist comment in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

John Doe1 wrote: »
    There is definitely gonna be a racist comment in this thread

Who said anything about race?.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,283 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Nobody...yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

First video is titled "Race for New Air Jordans turns ugly". Surely calling that race ugly is racist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Let's take a minute to think about the person most affected by this.....

Michael Jordan.

I'm sure he'll find comfort somehow, while sleeping on a massive pile of money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Enlighten me lads what the hell is an air jordan and why are people killing one another over them?

mackg wrote: »
    First video is titled "Race for New Air Jordans turns ugly". Surely calling that race ugly is racist?

Maybe.. In some peoples minds just about anything can be ''racist''.

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Enlighten me lads what the hell is an air jordan and why are people killing one another over them?

They shi*e looking runners.

Domo230 wrote: »
    Oh I see there limited edition. In that case out of my way ang gimme gime gimme. (loots nearest shopping center)

Buy ten pairs then sell them for $400 a pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's a shoe, black people love shoes. Also chicken. That's not racist cause it's true.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Crazy white people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

I used to work with a guy who was a recovering shoe addict. No joke.

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    I used to work with a guy who was a recovering shoe addict. No joke.

How can you be addicted to shoes?. Maybe he has OCD and buying shoes is a compulsion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

They're runners that can hover above the ground!

Not really, but that would be cool, they need to make those shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

It's a very popular line of athletic shoes in the United States (and possibly other parts of the world, I dunno); the line was endorsed by Michael Jordan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jordan) who many consider to be the greatest basketball player to ever play the sport.

I'm not sure how popular basketball or the NBA is over here, but every kid growing up in the US knows who Michael Jordan is, even though he's been retired for years now.

I think he'd be considered the 'Pele' of Basketball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Robdude wrote: »

Townie craze was at it's height in mid '90s little silky shellsuit fàggots with squeaky bums n short blond hair matted to the scalp in forward fashion.. Like tracksits, they had to have a lot of shoes amongst other stuff. some went on to realize their dreams and thus the 'boyband' genre was born.. and capitalism.

These trainers are a lot like the soup kitchens their wearers frequent. who cares what u r seen in all dat matters iz it's comfy!!! <3 =p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

How can you be addicted to shoes?. Maybe he has OCD and buying shoes is a compulsion.

No its not OCD. Its not even about the buying. The guy had huge amounts of photos on his phone just of shoes, he adored the design of the shoes more than anything else. He sold his collection for a few thousand dollars and the guy was broke at the time. Its a very exaggerated form of American consumer culture infecting society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Its sneaker culture!

Most irish people don't really care, but in other country sneakers are you identity and to a degree over here to....

some people all like cool sneakers.. other don't irish people seem to be more interested in stuffing 12 pints down there neck ad get twisted on a night out. some people spend 200 to 3500.00 on a pair of sneakers, comishened work from artists...

I spent a large amount of money on a pair once :D cause I could and i wore them and wore them and loved them :D

Snowie wrote: »
    Its sneaker culture!

Most irish people don't really care, but in other country sneakers are you identity and to a degree over here to....

That's a bit sad isn't it?. Whos winning, Nike or the people they hype into buying a $180 pair of hidious 'sneakers' that probably cost less than $10 to make in the first place?. Consumer ''culture'' is toxic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

That's a bit sad isn't it?. Whos winning, Nike or the people they hype into buying a $180 pair of hidious 'sneakers' that probably cost less than $10 to make in the first place?. Consumer ''culture'' is toxic.

Its not sad its just like people who piss beer against the wall 3 nights a week live a really unhealthy life style.. every year thats sad

Or people who shove coke up there nose like it goes out of fashion.

I dot think its sad look at thislink stuff like the link are cool some people like different things,.

Culture is not toxic? why because wearing a pair of €1000.00 sneakers is ****, its normal, its just irelands about 20 years behind in most respects to the world.

I like sneaker culture, the sneakers generally have more individual styling then the crap majority of people wear...

• Advertisement
Advertisement