Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

coachbuild manufacturers

Options
  • 24-12-2011 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

i know like any industry there are firms at a higher quality level than others but would it be fair to assume all things being equal there cant be that much variation in quality from manufacturer to manufacturer? i'm currently looking at upgrading my camper and have spotted a coachbuild i feel is good value and ticks all my boxes but i cant find any info on the manufacturer. All the components are the normal brand names i'd expect ie. Trauma heater and boiler etc; its built on a ducato and against some of the buckets i've seen it looks the part. Have any of you any experences with 'lesser' known manufacturers.. would like to hear you thoughts.
    P.S happy xmas... roll on the better weather :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

They all use much the same components as they really don't have much choice! It's not like household stuff that you have loads of brands to choose from .

As regards the actual build quality of the bodies , there is a huge gulf in quality between some of them , and some of the so-called premium names aren't all that great either...

In my line of work I've had to repair and rebuild body sections of a lot of them , and IMO , if it's not a GRP bodied one , I'd stay away , and Also I'd try and keep away from anything with an exposed alloy strip joining the sides to the roof . Too many of then don't use stainless steel screws , and they rot like hell after a few years of our damp climate . I tells ya , if you are ever unlucky enough to see a MH that was in a crash , you'd be shocked..

PM me the brand if you like , I'll give you an unbiased , and confidential opinion.

Advertisement