Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung TV Query

Options
  • 24-12-2011 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Edit: Sorry I probably have the wrong forum I posted to consumer issues after I saw it...

Hi.

In October I purchased a 40'' UE40D6100 Samsung Smart LED TV. The sales assistant in the shop told me that it had Skype, and Skype is written all over the box. The retailer is part of a nationwide franchise.

Anyhoo, I just got the Internet set-up this week and Skype is nowhere to be seen. After a call to Samsung, my model does not apparently support Skype. I am quite annoyed since the support of Skype was one of the factors which led me to purchasing this TV, and I had no reason to believe Skype was not on it since the sales assistant told me it had Skype as well as the Skype logo being plastered all over the box.

This probably sounds dumb but I'm not very experienced when it comes to complaining about things.
    Where can I go from here? What should I say? What rights do I have?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭CarPark2

Warning: i am strictly amateur, don't have a legal background, or any expert knowledge in consumer rights.

Most sales agents know little or nothing about the detail of these machines. Unless you have their "advice" in writing, it is just your word against theirs, so i would think that you will have difficulty making a case.

I am surprised that the Samsung box showed the skype logo. If this is the case, i would think that would be your strongest line of attack.
    This is always a good place to start: http://www.consumerassociation.ie/
    You could give them a call and ask their advice.
    Hold onto the box if you still have it.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Morris Code

#Daniel wrote: »
    Edit: Sorry I probably have the wrong forum I posted to consumer issues after I saw it...

Hi.

In October I purchased a 40'' UE40D6100 Samsung Smart LED TV. The sales assistant in the shop told me that it had Skype, and Skype is written all over the box. The retailer is part of a nationwide franchise.

Anyhoo, I just got the Internet set-up this week and Skype is nowhere to be seen. After a call to Samsung, my model does not apparently support Skype. I am quite annoyed since the support of Skype was one of the factors which led me to purchasing this TV, and I had no reason to believe Skype was not on it since the sales assistant told me it had Skype as well as the Skype logo being plastered all over the box.

This probably sounds dumb but I'm not very experienced when it comes to complaining about things.
    Where can I go from here? What should I say? What rights do I have?

I bought this TV last Monday and there is no mention of Skype on the box or anywhere else-they must have changed the packaging since Oct.Its not a disappointment for me -personally I would get on to Samsung particularly if u have the box still-see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Weird,
    some reviews of it say it has skype

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-UE40D6100-Widescreen-Internet-Freeview/dp/tech-data/B004TB4XFO

others dont

http://www.ledtvreviews.co.uk/samsung-led-tv/samsung-40-inch-led-tv/samsung-ue40d6100-review-ue40d6100skxxu/

I would ring samsung direct, as its a smart TV, is it not just an app,, delivered via their smart browser thingy?

Advertisement