Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merry Christmas from ..........the dog !

Options
  • 24-12-2011 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭

The Obama's Christmas Card has Bo laying by the fire with the message 'From our family to yours" Sarah Palin has said that she is offended :eek:

279394420-22072921.jpg

Anyone else sent cards from the dog or featuring it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

I think its a lovely card. How in the name of *dog* can that be offensive?! Its not even like its not appropriate for him to send it?? Am highly confused by this!

My cards have never featured one of my own pets. But every year my cards are either cat or dog ones - whichever I like the best that year! Sometimes there's a mix - so cat cards for my catty friends and dog cards for my doggy friends. This year it happened to be a mixed year!

Despite my pets not featuring on the card - their names are always on it! Always sign it from myself - then the dog with a paw print next to her name - and then the cat with an amature drawing of a cat's face beside it. No kids or anything on my cards so it makes my name look less lonely! haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

Offending Sarah Palin can only be a good thing:D

I intended to send cards with my dogs pic in a santa hat, but he came out with evil eyes in every photo, and the hat didn't work out... we wrestled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

All my cards that I sent are Cavan SPCA one. Even sent out theirs and monaghans 2012 calendars to overseas family.

Can't see how anyone can be offended by a animal Xmas card!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

There's somethig from Bo I would like to send Sarah Palin and I can tell you that it's not his picture....
    Palin is an attractive looking imbecile , no more no less.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

At the end of the presidential video Michelle reminds Obama to include Bo :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

I always have dogs on any card that I am sending. With my parents, I usually do a cartoon style card of the family dogs (something I started as a kid and have never been allowed to stop!). Most people who give me cards on special occasions know to give me a doggy card.
    I've always considered Sarah Palin to be a moron, but this is a particularly low form of publicity seeking on her part. What can one expect from someone who supports the shooting of wolves from helicopters?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Got one made by Roscrea spca saying "a dog is for life, not just for christmas" because I was begging for a puppy! I won ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

Delancey wrote: »
    There's somethig from Bo I would like to send Sarah Palin and I can tell you that it's not his picture....
    Palin is an attractive looking imbecile , no more no less.
    coud not agree more,on the imbercile bit,havent got a clue about her looks.:D

am wondering if sarah woud be offended if she got this card next year off the scruffles kitteh family:
    http://sadpanda.us/images/788263-ZI8J3C3.jpg
    :P

she is pretending to be offended to make obama look bad,she seriously cannot be offended by obama sending a beautiful innocent card with his dog on when she has said and done far worse.
    she woud probably say she was peed off if it had a picture of flowers on, just a way of manipulating support.

as for sending cards,coudnt even afford cards this year but other people always try to get ones with cats on,the sis especialy gets hers from the cats protection usualy as they do some good ones,love the ones with adult cats on and not kittens-keep every one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

If I were the owner of this dog I would photoshop the pic into a card.

article-2006167-0CA8F08700000578-657_634x471-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

I'm offended by Sarah Palin. Vile woman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

I love Obama's dog. At least I don't feel let down by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭carleigh

I sent cards with my dog on them this year, very first time, hes 13. I only sent them to people I know who love dogs and who know how much I love my dog. Dog haters got other cards :) I even got matching stickers and stuck them on the envelopes.......no, I'm not crazy. lol

livepreview.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

carleigh wrote: »
    I sent cards with my dog on them this year, very first time, hes 13. I only sent them to people I know who love dogs and who know how much I love my dog. Dog haters got other cards :) I even got matching stickers and stuck them on the envelopes.......no, I'm not crazy. lol

livepreview.jpg

I don't have a dog, but that is one of the best Christmas cards I've seen yet. Certainly memorable. Personal touch beats Hallmark generic crap. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭carleigh

Thanks :) They went down a treat. I also got some postcard style Christmas cards also so I sent them to some of the little kids who love Jake, they were fascinated that he had his own card! They are a lovely keepsake.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

Discodog wrote: »
    If I were the owner of this dog I would photoshop the pic into a card.

article-2006167-0CA8F08700000578-657_634x471-1.jpg

Lol dogs really do resemble their owners!!!!!! That is a class photo.

Advertisement