Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embarrassing boob-related question

Options
  • 24-12-2011 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hey all,
    I'm 22 weeks and over the last 2 months I have been having random discharge from my nipples. It normally comes in tiny amounts, its clear and hadn't really worried me till now. Last night enough of it came out that it soaked through my nightdress, the dampness actually woke me up (it also left hard patches on the nightie when it dried in, ewwww) and no-one I've asked seems to have experienced it. Just wondering whether anyone else has had this, will it last / should I invest in nursing pads? I'm not particularly worried about it as it is clear and theres only a faint smell off it, but if that changes I will consult my doctor. Just would be nice to know if its normal I guess :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Sounds normal, just your body getting ready for breastfeeding. It might not be a regular thing though, mine got worse as I got nearer to my due date. Nursing pads are a good idea, but light one should do grand. The other ones (J&J for example) are designed for much heavier leaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

Agree with Implausible. It's colostrum. Breastpads will catch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

yup, happened to me too!
    i find wearing a bra at night really uncomfortable though, so if you have a snug pj top and can get the breast pads that are a bit sticky it should be enough to keep them in place without having to wear a bra

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I had loads of that from about week 22. I got a non wired bra to wear to bed at night so I could stick in breast pads to absorb it. You can also get string tops with those 'secret support' things if you're not comfortable wearing a bra so you could stick the pads in there. Don't worry, it's normal. I used to get it during the day too.

Advertisement