Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it worth getting a new job?

Options
  • 24-12-2011 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

After you’ve been made redundant, you cant enter an intern-ship until three months after you’ve been unemployed.

So is it worth getting a new job (whatever the job maybe), or waiting the three months and getting an intern-ship in the field you want to work in?

Granted a job is a job these days, and intern-ships only pay an extra €50 per week, so what would you do?.... Wait and take the intern-ship or take any job that brings in de mola?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,799 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

what would you do?.... Wait and take the intern-ship or take any job that brings in de mola?

I'd take any job, and then be looking for a better one.

But I'm in my 40s, and have plenty of experience in a field that there is work in when companies are thinking about changing their IT systems. I got back into a professional job when a multi-national release some funds to do a project.

If I was 20-something and didn't have much hope of getting into a better field without some relevant experience, then I'd be very tempted to hang out for the internship, esp if I thought I could get one offering relevant experience.

Advertisement