Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information on queen's University Belfast

Options
  • 23-12-2011 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi! I am thinking of applying to Geography in Queens for 2012... Just wondering if anyone can give me their perspective on the course/college... also wondering about the entrance requirements... are they very strict on results or do they base a lot of acceptance on the personal statement and reference? any information would be helpful!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

There's a few threads dedicated to QUB over in NI & GB Colleges but speaking as a graduate I loved the campus and the university in general. Being in a reasonably big city helps a lot with the social side of things, and there's a great community feeling around the uni as everyone tends to live quite close to campus.

Re. the PS and reference, the PS is crucial. I really can't stress just how important it is and whilst it's not going to help you make the cut if you're miles off on the grades for admission, it can very much help if you're on the cusp or the course you're after is very heavily subscribed with qualified applicants. The reference is less important but it is taken into consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kiddd94

I applied to Queen's and a few other colleges through UCAS before Xmas and I haven't received any offers yet just recognition of my application . Any info on how long it takes ?

Advertisement