Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Placement Programme - Question

Options
  • 23-12-2011 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm on jobseekers allowance 3 weeks now and one of the stipulations for the WPP is to be un-employed at least 3 months before applying.

I want to get on a particular work placement thats being offered and i dont want to waste 2 months if i cant get a job..but is there any exception to this particular rule has anyone experienced?

The programme would help with my career hence the interest i would prefer to be doing that than working in McDonalds.

I will ask the proper channels but for a heads up if a definite no that would be great.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ralphbaylor

Im on the placement, I got in after 2 months, but its luck of the draw, everyone in the dole office told me different things.

The form says you have to unemployed for 3 months within the last 6 months( I had only 2 months) but was unemployed for a month last year so a girl on the desk said as I' a repeat claimer I qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭bgo1

Im on the placement, I got in after 2 months, but its luck of the draw, everyone in the dole office told me different things.

The form says you have to unemployed for 3 months within the last 6 months( I had only 2 months) but was unemployed for a month last year so a girl on the desk said as I' a repeat claimer I qualify.

Thanks for info.

Was the girl pretty adament about the time scale before she realised you had the extra month last year to qualify you?

I was going to apply and if they accept me..then go back to social an try the oh no PLEASE CAN I HAVE IT..sur they want me tactics :D

Advertisement