Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Y problems

Options
  • 23-12-2011 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭

So I got myself one of these phones about 11/2 or 2months ago. twas grand at first, but in the last month or so i have had a problem. someone texts me. grand. but the text comes in again, and again, and again. over and over and over. at strange times. then it started not letting me text out. and when one person texted me i didn't get that, but a repeat of a text someone else sent a few days previous.

so i went and spoke to a customer service rep, who said it could be the sim. i got a new sim card. i was then able to send texts again, but two days later it is back to the messages coming in several times over.

has anyone else had these problems, particularly with this model, and what did you do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

Me and the girlfriend both got this phone because it was so cheap. Both have the exact same problem. Seems to be a fault with them. Apparently a software update sorts it out but from a search online a few models of Samsung have the exact same problem

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Me and the girlfriend both got this phone because it was so cheap. Both have the exact same problem. Seems to be a fault with them. Apparently a software update sorts it out but from a search online a few models of Samsung have the exact same problem

i haven't a clu how to find a software update for it. the one and only time i tried connecting the thing to my computer it said it didn't connect properly or something. can't remember the exactly the wording.

have ye managed to fix yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Download Samsung Kies and install it then connect your phone to the computer. Kies will install the necessary drivers when you connect the phone and it'll tell you if theres a software update available.

Testament1 wrote: »
    Download Samsung Kies and install it then connect your phone to the computer. Kies will install the necessary drivers when you connect the phone and it'll tell you if theres a software update available.

sound i shall do that later so. hopefully a softwear update fixes the problem, although it hasn't been happening lately touch wood (that maybe cos i haven't gotten many texts tho :o)

hdowney wrote: »
    sound i shall do that later so. hopefully a softwear update fixes the problem, although it hasn't been happening lately touch wood (that maybe cos i haven't gotten many texts tho :o)

Just make sure to back up your data on Kies first and see how you get on!

• Advertisement

Testament1 wrote: »
    Just make sure to back up your data on Kies first and see how you get on!

this is gonna sound like such a thick question (and i am not that thick honest, i just don't wanna cock up) by the above you mean back my phone upto kies before i look for and install software updates?

hdowney wrote: »
    this is gonna sound like such a thick question (and i am not that thick honest, i just don't wanna cock up) by the above you mean back my phone upto kies before i look for and install software updates?

Yep, back up your data on the phone to Kies before installing the update. It should tell you to do that anyway.

Advertisement