Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On the job trial in place of interview?

Options
  • 23-12-2011 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭

Can employers do this?

I had 2 interviews last Friday. But when I got to the first one, it wasnt an interview at all, they had me servin customers for over an hour to see how I could handle it

So, I had to cancel the 2nd interview I had

It went ok, and they said they'd ring me back on Monday, but no call

Emailed yesterday, no reply

Thoughts / advice?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭bebostunnah

Homeboy got scammed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I've done this sort of thing with bar jobs, you work a few hours on a trail basis.
    But I always got paid

And no sign of you getting paid
    Well at least it was only an hour and not a full or half shift.

Try and get back to the second company and sort out an interview

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I've done this sort of thing with bar jobs, you work a few hours on a trail basis.
    But I always got paid

And no sign of you getting paid
    Well at least it was only an hour and not a full or half shift.

Try and get back to the second company and sort out an interview
    No, nothing. It wasnt even planned in advanced, I was asked to come in 'for interview'

2nd job is gone n all

• Registered Users Posts: 25,799 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

How long did you expect the first interview to last for??? I'd always allow at least two hours, just in case.

Apart from usual rules (no assault, discrimination, etc) there are no rules about what can happen at an "interview" - if a pub chooses to get their customers to do the interviewing over the counter, that's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

JustMary wrote: »
    How long did you expect the first interview to last for??? I'd always allow at least two hours, just in case.

Apart from usual rules (no assault, discrimination, etc) there are no rules about what can happen at an "interview" - if a pub chooses to get their customers to do the interviewing over the counter, that's fine.

^^^This^^^
    I have had interviews last 6+ hours ,granted you dont expect 6+ hours for a sales assistant role but surely you allow for 2 hours+ in case it does not start on time ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement