Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 Charts

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Spent ninety minutes going through the different charts, and in the end I settled on a 40 year old reggae album, and wishlisted a few old jazz numbers. A lot of technically great music on there, for sure, but so much of it seems soulless to me, particularly those drone/noise/goth efforts which seem to be permeating everything.

Edit: I should qualify that by saying I'm not entirely an old fart, and own a good handful of the top 100 already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

I'm surprised there doesn't seem to any great love for the Cosmin TRG album in any of the end of year charts I've read so far. That was a quality release.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭francois

Good to see the excellent John Maus LP in at 7, well recommended

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I'm surprised there doesn't seem to any great love for the Cosmin TRG album in any of the end of year charts I've read so far. That was a quality release.

Forgot about that one actually, meant to get it.
    francois wrote: »
    Good to see the excellent John Maus LP in at 7, well recommended

Hell yeah, genuinely one of the best albums I've heard in a long time, not just 2011 - stunning album.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Here's the bleep best of 2011 - they go for a lot more modest top 10 of each category...

http://bleep.com/index.php?page=podcast&module=EOY

• Advertisement
Advertisement