Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

passat heater price?

Options
  • 22-12-2011 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭

mates 02 tdi passat is leaking coolant in the passengers footwell. it needs a new raditor in the heater.. well that was i was told:D i believe this is a big job? anybody any idea roughly how much would it cost to get fixed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I dont think its the price of the heater matrx that is going to be the problem. I dont know the specifics of the passat but its very often a dash out job on many cars and Id say the labour on that would be scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Its listed as over 5 hours to change anyway:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

ya she rang a main dealer. they told her they would have to put 2 mechanics for 1.5 days :rolleyes: think thats going a bit far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

I know of some lads in the trade who have thrown a bottle of Novastop into the coolant, and it has sometimes sorted it.

But that was back in the day when I worked as a rep for the company who sold it.

I've never had to use it myself, so can't give firsthand experience.

Id have nightmares if that was required on my car. Id be afraid of dodgy rattles all over the place when they would be finished.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

sean1141 wrote: »
    ya she rang a main dealer. they told her they would have to put 2 mechanics for 1.5 days :rolleyes: think thats going a bit far.

I see your in Laois, maybe give George Dalton on here a shout. I'd say you'll get a much more honest time and price from him.

I see your in Laois, maybe give George Dalton on here a shout. I'd say you'll get a much more honest time and price from him.

cheers ND. i know george well. he has done a bit of work on my own car. wouldnd say there will be anything done with it untill the new year. i told her to keep it topped up with coolant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

It's a full day's work Sean. I have done a few of them. Just for comparison we would charge about €550 all in. The matrix itself is around €100.

Novastop will probably work short term. But it is more of a stop gap than a long term solution.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭bebostunnah

Id quote you a price but youd get hot and bothered

cheers george. ill pass on that info.

• Advertisement

Id quote you a price but youd get hot and bothered
    and the price would be??????

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

He's an AH troll. Ignore.

Just an update on this. Got it done yesterday. 350 all in. 100 for the rad and 250 labour. He also gave the car a quick check over, told her it will need a wishbone bushing soon enough and replaced 3 bulbs that were not working.

sean1141 wrote: »
    Just an update on this. Got it done yesterday. 350 all in. 100 for the rad and 250 labour. He also gave the car a quick check over, told her it will need a wishbone bushing soon enough and replaced 3 bulbs that were not working.
    Nothing wrong with that price

Advertisement