Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAT DOMINANCE

Options
  • 22-12-2011 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

So having rescued 4 kittens whom now have lovely new homes bar 1 who ia m keeping it's question time.I have 2 male nuetered cats just over a year old.I am keepimg a male kitten who seems be getting on great with them licking/following them around.But it seems 1 of my cats will pin him down sometimes and bite his throat then starts licking him again.I read this is his way of saying I AM THE BOSS.The cat that doing it is the 2nd cat i got and when introduces to my 1st never displayed this biting just the licking.Should i break it up or let it play out?I never leave them on their own with the kitten and it only small periods of time together just so nobody gets too stressed out.I have plugged my Feliway in which i found great the last time.Rambling on now but basically should i just leave him to it and just intervene if kitten squeals which he doesnt seem to do he just gooes limp!!! THANKS :0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

Think you answered your own question there, sounds like he's putting the kitten in his place. Doesn't sound like you need to intervene if the kitten isn't making any noise - i probably would though cos it would annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ladyjuicy08

It now seems my 1st cat who was great with all the kittens is getting stressed he gone off his food only eating very little and he gt sick this morning. This happened wen I gt my 2nd cat last year bt didn't put 2 and 2 together till it happened now it must be stress. I had him at vet countless times last time no one could tell me what was wrong bt I definately think now it must have been stress it too much of a coinsedence. Now the 2nd cat who was biting kitten seems love him now so don't know if that has anything to do with the 1st cat stress like he feeling left out. So for now I have separated the kitten I am now thinking maybe I should try rehome kitten as I did with the rest of the strays. Don't think it worth my cats health. It's turning out be very stressful Christmas :mad:

Alfie eaten a little but still seems very down in the dumps and that darn cute kitten being star cute on purpose making me feel guilty :) think may havta find a vet open tomorrow

So went the vet today and said its gastrointestinal problem he gave me prescription food but only managed gt him eat half pouch and he very depressed too. Now my other cat is refusing to eat dt know if he doing it on purpose as he is try to eat Alfie food bt nt his own. Could this all be the Stress of the kitten.my vet doesn't think so bt I nt fully convinced as when I was on hols my friend said he gt fussy about eating too. I getting really worried about him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭gigawatt

i lived in a home where we had permanent animals and foster ones,the permanents just got on with their usual routines around the foster ones, dont worry too much when they are hungry enough they will eat, take ur vets advice on this! don't stress about it. its quite possible ur cats have a simple tummy bug

• Advertisement

Ate tiny bit this morning starting vomiting again called the vet who said take him in this afternoon he gonna put him on a drip now I am really stressed and worried :(

They keeping him overnight putting him on a drip am so worried about him.he seemed in good form though playing around today just nt eating n gt sick.he hasn't got a temp either so guessing that good sign :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Hopefully he'll be fine. For future reference it's always a good idea to enforce a quarantine period when introducing new pets into your household, especially cats who can have unknown pasts because they're permitted to roam.

So called vet today Alfie was on drip last night he gt antibiotic a B12 shot?! he ate little this morn had a wee and hasnt vomited since.they are keeping him in again overnight to make sure he doesnt vomit for 24 hours and to see if he poops.they said he in better form so fingers crossed bt he still has sore belly I MISS HIM ... ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Littleminx

Hi,im new to the website im littleminx. but i hope your okay hun, iv got a cat and i no what its like when you lovea little animal but be positivehe is in good hands,x

• Advertisement

Vet just called Alfie ate all his dinner so if still ok will be home 2mr :):)

Advertisement